WASasquatch's Asphalt and Gravel Shaders

Started by WAS, June 15, 2018, 01:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Here are my newest surface shaders for you to use. They're complicated, and I won't pretend they're easy to understand.

With the asphalt, mainly all that needs adjustments is your reflection layers. Toggling either wet or dry surface reflections and any adjustments you may have. You can play with the potholes controller to change pothole shapes/locations. The muddy water plane is more just an example. If you are confused by anything don't hesitate to ask.

The Gravel surfaces don't really have any setup unless you want to disable ambient reflections on dirt/stones.

As a note: I do not intend any of my work for commercial use or gain without explicit permission from myself. These are for personal, and educational purposes.

Dune

Looks good, curious to see how complicated they are. Thanks for sharing.

WAS

Quote from: Dune on June 16, 2018, 01:49:33 AM
Looks good, curious to see how complicated they are. Thanks for sharing.

Gravel ain't complicated imo, but I've been told similar was hard to follow.

Dune

It's not too complicated. Good that you have named all nodes. Makes it easier for the average user to understand. One thing I'm puzzled by; the divide scalar (2) followed by a multiply scalar (1.2). You could replace that by one multiply scalar (0.6).

WAS

Quote from: Dune on June 16, 2018, 07:57:25 AM
It's not too complicated. Good that you have named all nodes. Makes it easier for the average user to understand. One thing I'm puzzled by; the divide scalar (2) followed by a multiply scalar (1.2). You could replace that by one multiply scalar (0.6).

If I am remembering correctly that's all redundant to begin with and forgot to remove and use just a colour adjust. I was trying something else.

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Rumburak

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Hannes

Agura Nata