TG 4.2.10

Started by Agura Nata, June 28, 2018, 03:14:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Agura Nata

June 28, 2018, 03:14:51 am Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 11:58:00 am by Dragonfire
I just downloaded TG 4.2.10, does anyone know what new there is to 4.1.10?
"Live and Learn!"

KlausK

June 28, 2018, 04:21:01 am #1 Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 04:23:29 am by KlausK
Hi, this has been discussed here before. Take a look:
https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,24456.0.html
CHeers, Klaus


Build 4.1.21 (Release)

Fixed another bug which caused most render elements to ignore the EXR bit depth setting.
SurfRgb, SurfAlpha and SurfDepth were not affected by this bug.

Fixed a problem with "smooth surface" enabled in Compute Terrain and Compute Normal which would cause some renders to hang.
Also fixed another problem in those shaders which could have made some shaders render incorrectly since v4.1.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Actually, there were a few versions inbetween 4.11 and 4.21
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate

Agura Nata

Thanks for the information and have a nice day! :)
"Live and Learn!"

Matt

Do you mean 4.1.21 or 4.2.10?
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Agura Nata

Quote from: Matt on June 28, 2018, 12:43:04 pm
Do you mean 4.1.21 or 4.2.10?


Oh, is there a second point, I did not notice, but I do not look good, despite glasses ;)
I just thought it means 4.21 ;) Next time I'll look more closely for the point!
"Live and Learn!"

Matt

I hope you didn't think I was being pedantic. I just wanted to know which one in case you were being given the wrong change log.

4.2.10 was released yesterday, but not everyone will see it (depends on their maintenance). 4.1.21 on the other hand has been out for a while already.

In any case, you can see the change log in the Docs or Documentation folder where the program is installed.
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Agura Nata

June 29, 2018, 11:56:42 am #6 Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 03:47:13 pm by Dragonfire
Quote from: Matt on June 29, 2018, 07:09:43 am
I hope you didn't think I was being pedantic. I just wanted to know which one in case you were being given the wrong change log.

4.2.10 was released yesterday, but not everyone will see it (depends on their maintenance). 4.1.21 on the other hand has been out for a while already.

In any case, you can see the change log in the Docs or Documentation folder where the program is installed.


OMG
It really actually 2 points means 4.2.10 my friend!
Yesterday I updated it and it works.
"Live and Learn!"

WAS

Quote from: KlausK on June 28, 2018, 04:21:01 am
Hi, this has been discussed here before. Take a look:
https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,24456.0.html
CHeers, Klaus


Build 4.1.21 (Release)

Fixed another bug which caused most render elements to ignore the EXR bit depth setting.
SurfRgb, SurfAlpha and SurfDepth were not affected by this bug.

Fixed a problem with "smooth surface" enabled in Compute Terrain and Compute Normal which would cause some renders to hang.
Also fixed another problem in those shaders which could have made some shaders render incorrectly since v4.1.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Actually, there were a few versions inbetween 4.11 and 4.21


Oh so I was having an issue with the Smooth Surface shader. I never heard back. Still such an amazing shader with so many uses.

Agura Nata

June 29, 2018, 03:49:06 pm #8 Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 03:53:20 pm by Dragonfire
the Smooth Surface shader I mus test next time :)
"Live and Learn!"