Author Topic: Another ocean  (Read 1641 times)

Offline DocCharly65

Re: Another ocean
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2018, 06:03:55 AM »
Double-Echo :)
Great!

Offline Hannes

• Terragen Alpha Tester (Win)
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2018, 01:19:27 PM »
A more directional ocean. I could eliminate some noise causing PFs, which I thought weren't active. Some more tweaking, a little more twist and shear, and some hits on the random seed button.

Offline luvsmuzik

• luvsmuzik 1995
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2018, 02:59:42 PM »
 :) :) :)

Powerful deep churning effect. Really good! I don't know how surfing waves work ( although I am sure there are mathematical slope illustrations in profound abundance)  Have you made one curl over yet? I know you parted the sea..... ;D

Offline DocCharly65

« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2018, 03:14:32 PM »
I see a great Pirates of the Caribbean parody coming ;)
Great work!

Did you already tests how the foam will look like in higher resolution?

Offline Hannes

« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2018, 03:39:00 PM »
Have you made one curl over yet? I know you parted the sea..... ;D

;D ;D ;D No, not yet. Maybe there's a way to use the vortex shader for some upper parts?

Did you already tests how the foam will look like in higher resolution?

Yes, I did some tests. From this distance it looks quite good, but I rather wouldn't get closer... ;)

Offline Dune

• www.ulco-art.nl
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2018, 05:19:28 PM »
That's quite awesome, Hannes.

Offline bobbystahr

• Turn, and face the Strange Ch Ch Changes...D Bowie
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2018, 08:47:53 PM »
Wow. I keep forgetting this section exists...most impressive Hannes
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Offline Dune

• www.ulco-art.nl
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2018, 07:09:12 AM »
If you're smart, click on the second line near your avatar topleft 'Show unread posts since last visit', and you don't miss a thing.

Offline Hannes

« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2018, 12:10:39 PM »
Actually not too many people here seem to be interested in the animation feature. I guess a lot of those are a bit scared of spending time rendering hundreds of images. But I can tell you, it's worth it. It's an incredible moment to finally see your imagery in the fourth dimension. You can render out low res lean versions of your animation for let's say thirty images, which doesn't take too long, and you'll see, if everything is OK, before you start rendering the final images. There are free apps to make a movie out of it, so if you have a TG version with animation, use it. It's fun!!

Offline luvsmuzik

• luvsmuzik 1995
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2018, 12:42:32 PM »
frend frend frend....... :)

Offline Hannes

« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2018, 01:11:13 PM »

What does "frend" mean???

Offline luvsmuzik

• luvsmuzik 1995
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2018, 01:37:26 PM »

What does "frend" mean???

old script term from Classic days for animation...from the horse and buggy era  :)

Offline KlausK

• Land ho!
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2018, 09:13:07 AM »
Wwowzerz! Those waters look really really good.
CHeers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 / Win7 Ultimate

Offline WASasquatch

• The Homeless Landscape Artist
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2018, 05:17:28 PM »
Actually not too many people here seem to be interested in the animation feature. I guess a lot of those are a bit scared of spending time rendering hundreds of images. But I can tell you, it's worth it. It's an incredible moment to finally see your imagery in the fourth dimension. You can render out low res lean versions of your animation for let's say thirty images, which doesn't take too long, and you'll see, if everything is OK, before you start rendering the final images. There are free apps to make a movie out of it, so if you have a TG version with animation, use it. It's fun!!

If I remember correctly from school, TG renders still frames, which is always nonsense to compile. Large TIFF images and compositing is slow. TG should be doing this on a per-frame basis and outputting a lossless raw video format.
Art can be a window into the soul

Offline luvsmuzik

• luvsmuzik 1995
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2018, 06:46:09 PM »

If I remember correctly from school, TG renders still frames, which is always nonsense to compile. Large TIFF images and compositing is slow. TG should be doing this on a per-frame basis and outputting a lossless raw video format.

I output bmps and it takes about 30 seconds to composite in Blender 2.79. I think anim8tor used to output AVI or other formats, but never got to the mp4 stage.