Abby Ruins

Started by dhavalmistry, October 12, 2007, 09:37:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhavalmistry

I am having trouble with this OBJ

it loads fine but when I try to render it, TG2 crashes.....

I tried other obj's and they all work fine....

any ideas what might be causing the crash???
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

DeathTwister

Well I would think corrupt mesh comes first to mind, try re-exporting your .obj file and see if that helps, and check and make sure the mesh is not have holes or other things that could happen as sometimes can happen. Hope that helps some?
DT.
Maylock Aromy DeathTwister Stansbury
ATOMIX Productions

DanD

How big is this ?...2 megs ?..4  My first thought,corrupt mesh..or...TG2 hates it.
Got a few myself that TG2 hates, I either recreate the mesh,or change my game plan

dhavalmistry

but I used to use it without any problems before....and its "Abby Ruins" almost everybody on this forum has that model....and ofcourse I didnt make it...

Oshyan

Have you changed the paths to the textures or anything? Does it load fine in Poseray or another app? Check the .mtl files for the texture paths and make sure there are no odd characters. Ideally the textures would be in the same directory as TG2.

When you say it rendered fine previously, did you mean in the previous version of TG2, or in other scenes with the latest version (assuming you do in fact have the most recent release)?

- Oshyan

dhavalmistry

yes it rendered fine in previous version of TG2......

and all the textures are in the same folder....and no odd characters

Hannes

Maybe you could try to save it as .tgo and render this.

cyphyr

Yep crashes my sys too ... odd since it worked a few weeks ago. Fixed it by doing as suggested above and re-saving via poserray. The image paths from the initial download are off as is the uv mapping, although luckily as its a broken down stone building this is largely unnoticeable. I can send you my fixed version if your still having trouble, cant post it as its 7Mb rar'd.
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

dhavalmistry

Quote from: cyphyr on October 13, 2007, 09:34:05 AM
Yep crashes my sys too ... odd since it worked a few weeks ago. Fixed it by doing as suggested above and re-saving via poserray. The image paths from the initial download are off as is the uv mapping, although luckily as its a broken down stone building this is largely unnoticeable. I can send you my fixed version if your still having trouble, cant post it as its 7Mb rar'd.
Richard

I would really appreciate if you could send me via email or upload somewhere the fixed version....thanx in advance!

cyphyr

www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

dhavalmistry

thanx again...I got the mail......I am heading out right now so I am not gonna get chance to test it until tonight...

I will let u know if anything....and yes this is kinda for halloween image.....

Aenea

The same problem here too.

I try to change it with poseray....hope this helps.

Any improvment yet, guys???

Aenea

dhavalmistry

yes it has been fixed by cyphyr and he emailed it to me....if you want I can upload it to rapidshare or give me your email address that allows about 10MB attachments.....

bobbystahr

Quote from: dhavalmistry on October 17, 2007, 03:39:09 AM
yes it has been fixed by cyphyr and he emailed it to me....if you want I can upload it to rapidshare or give me your email address that allows about 10MB attachments.....

Rapidshare would be most convenient....I'm having all kinds of hell with it as well....thanx mate.. ...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

dhavalmistry