Dead Drowning Tree

Started by Seth, August 04, 2018, 06:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seth

just got inspired by a friend picture so I thought I might share my render.
That was really fast to do and it's obviously a pretty simple setting, except the fidgeting with the atmosphere (which is based on my Big Fat Atmo settings)

Oshyan

Nice to see the less compressed version here. As I said on Facebook, I really love the layered composition here. The water, dead trees, then the layer of distant trees, the line of clouds, and finally the sky, all echoing the shapes of each other.

- Oshyan

Seth

Thanks !

Yeah without the compression, it is definitely a bit better :D
I was pretty happy by the composition too. There are 3 trees in the water. I just took the leaves off of them

WAS

Really moody. Reminds me of the alpine lakes around here that are left untouched and pristine. Whole trees downed int he water, floating logs. Really nice.

These are the types of scenes we could really use some new tutorials for, as they're relatively easy to do, assets can be found free to do them, and TG's beautiful atmospherics takes care of the rest, and gives people some experience in what goes into the scene as well as a foundation for more work, or different iterations of the scene.

Dune

Very nice render. Simple and very effective.

mhaze

Excellent! the simple ones are always the best.

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

DocCharly65

I am absolutely fascinated about the different layers from Ground to the sky in this composition. And I especially like the cloud-layer :)

Seth

thanks a lot all.

As for the tutorial, I don't have a lot of time to use Terragen so I am not sure I'll use this time to do a tutorial.
I'd rather use this free time to enjoy the software that I miss so much.
Sorry if that sounds rude.

archonforest

Quote from: Seth on August 06, 2018, 05:49:47 AM
thanks a lot all.

As for the tutorial, I don't have a lot of time to use Terragen so I am not sure I'll use this time to do a tutorial.
I'd rather use this free time to enjoy the software that I miss so much.
Sorry if that sounds rude.

No it doesn't sounds rude at all. I also using TG way way less these days/months...etc. Work, family, work more and more cuts down TG usage big time but this is part of life.... :-X
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

René

I am commonly not so fond of sunsets above the water but this is very special. Very well done!

Hannes

bobbystahr

In a word, WOW.....beauty for another word.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist