Q: How to center shader preview on rendercam?

Started by Alfamike, October 15, 2007, 09:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alfamike

Posted this a couple of days ago on Terranuts forum, but got no replies. Now trying here:

My render cam shows up outside the shader preview.

I can use the keyboard and mouse controls to move to the render cam (like in the render preview in the top righ corner), but cannot get the shader previewer to show under my render cam (or any other cam). My shader preview size is 1024km.

Any ideas how to overcome this. Now I am just quick rendering one by one, adjusting the distribution as I go, the loooong way around.

Thanks for your help.

AM.

cyphyr

The the moment as far as I know the render preview (the small one to the top left of the main scene preview) gives an exact representation of the currently selected (double click) shader at grid (0, 0, 0) so if your camera is outside its range it wont show up. It is still useful as a preview of the "style" of your selected surface. I believe this will be worked on in the future to show the area where your camera is.
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Oshyan

Quote from: cyphyr on October 15, 2007, 11:39:58 AM
The the moment as far as I know the render preview (the small one to the top left of the main scene preview) gives an exact representation of the currently selected (double click) shader at grid (0, 0, 0) so if your camera is outside its range it wont show up. It is still useful as a preview of the "style" of your selected surface. I believe this will be worked on in the future to show the area where your camera is.
Richard

That is essentially correct, yes. We would like to improve the functionality of the various views and work is being done on that which should reflect in the final release later this year, however I think it will be an ongoing process to refine the UI even beyond that release.

- Oshyan

Alfamike

Thanks Guys.

Looking forward to the upcoming release!

AM.