NZ orbital WIP (& hi res tiles)

Started by bigben, October 16, 2007, 04:31:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightning

cool one mate nz rox i live there 2 ha! in a  little town called Geraldine about half a hour away from timaru south canterbury .by the looks of it you live somewhere round mt cook am i right?

bigben

Here's a rough WIP of a smaller high res mask I'm preparing for a zoom animation from orbit. Camera height is about 2km (camera height in the previous render is 670km). Thought I'd post it here to give it a bit more perspective with the detail in the original.

There are only two main surfaces in this (and a crude snow), but at this camera height I should be able to make a fairly convincing looking scene with the other surfaces and some added detail. Going any lower will require a lot more work but I'll try and get this level of detail done first.

rcallicotte

Like it.

Someday, I'll figure out what you're doing.   ;D
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

king_tiger_666

great stuff.. always good seeing our country being rendered:D
<a href="www.hobbies.nzaus.co.nz/">My  Terragen Downloads & Gallery</a>

bigben

Quote from: calico on November 02, 2007, 03:49:38 PM
Like it.

Someday, I'll figure out what you're doing.   ;D

I'm contemplating writing some tutorials on my masking methods (and masking in general).  Working my way through Volker's tutorials at the moment to fill some of the gaps in my knowledge (I still classify myself as a noob in some areas). Proving very helpful so far, so I may be able to set a lower minimum altitude later on.