Functions

Started by efflux, October 18, 2007, 01:25:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

efflux

Here's my latest:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/full.php?image_id=1543090

Don't try this at home. This was not as fun as my last render which was really easy. I found TG2's Achille's heel with this. Displacement rendering has problems and I don't just mean for crazy extremes like this but even if you wanted to create some natural looking rock spires with moderate displacements, the renderer will cut them off when you go to big size renders. This needs to be improved.

I managed to composite together the missed parts from crops. Of course no landscape app would handle all this without major problems but we want TG2 to be the cutting edge.  8)

GI, 3D clouds and massive displacements. If you try the spires technique from that thread in this forum you'll run into problems.

However, TG2's atmospherics are beautiful.

There's a fault in my patching. If you look just to the right of the big tower. Two smaller towers have a faint square around them. When I layered that crop in Gimp I forgot to hit blend by darken only. The sky in the patches was lighter so most of the time blend by darken only blended it perfectly. It shows up more in the big render.

Here's some details. It was rendered at 3000 x 1500:

I have some techniques in the pipeline, some used in this but I'm too tired for any more info. I'll look into it later.

jpgs are really bugging me now. The original of this is far superior. Beautifully crisp but there's not much we can do about that.

Seth

dhavalmistry

this is amazingly beautiful....the foreground structure almost looks like a golf club :D

also the sky is amazing......its has the looks of maya fluid effects.....
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

cyphyr

Astonishing ~ Surreal ~ Weird ~ Inspired
Oh and Wow :)
nice sky ;)
Richard

ps you should be able to post png's might get round the jpg issue
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Lucio

Fantastic - efflux, your work always reflects the beauty of mathematic in a very inspired way, and what you've done this time is particularly astonishing. Superb.

Klas

zionner

Wow, This is amazing stuff!

How did you figure out how to do stuff like that! lol

I'm too scared to try and use the function Nodes...cause i dont understand them at all!

old_blaggard

Great job :).  The colors here look quite incredible :).
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

rcallicotte

Crap.  This is cool.  Neat-o.   :o
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

efflux

Thanks for the comments and thanks cyphyr. Yes, it's a tweak of your sky technique again which is so cool.

Adiwan

Now its the point that TG2 goes surreal 8)

efflux

I'll probably be taking this further (with lesss positive displacement - may try more negative values). It will be getting totally surreal but ultimately I don't think I actually want it to be so geometric and crazily surreal. I will probably return to blending these techniques with more natural forms. My favourite render ever is actually the one called Red which is not so surreal at all but I like pushing the craziness.