First Try with Moon's ***Update***

Started by zionner, October 18, 2007, 10:21:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zionner

Hey All,

I've been working on this scene. focusing on the moon in the scene,

Just a few notes: One the mountians have have not had ANY surfacing done yet, again i have been focusing on the moon in the scene

secondly, If anyone is intrested The mountians in the scene are heavily modified versions of mountains i took out of a NZ DEM.

As always C&C Welcome!

Thanks
Zionner

Update:

Hey all again, Here is a larger scale Render, which I think shows off the moon much better, Note: Thanks to Nvseal for the clouds (from his clip)

Enjoy!

old_blaggard

I love what you have done with teh moon, although its reflection looks a bit odd.  Also, I feel that the shadows of the ground shouldn't be quite so black - did you disable GI for this?
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

zionner

Yeah, There is No GI in this scene,

I'm not sure why the reflection is like that, It looks as though its magnified the Surface of the moon though,

dhavalmistry

I have been having problems with projecting maps to a distant planet.....it just isnt working for me.....care to explain what you did here??

great job with he moon....except the reflection...
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

zionner

For this moon, I used an Image Map, Using Through Camera Projection. Everything else was set to default, Except in the colour Tab, mine is set to Convert to linear.

I'm trying diffrent methods now to try and fix that reflection, cause I agree, it looks awful.

rcallicotte

This is interesting and cool that it's in black & white.  Wonder about reflections like o_b said.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

zionner

Thanks, I think it might have something to do with the Image Map i'm using, As when i try a close up of the Moon (really close up) I get the same thing,

zionner

Hmm, This is strange, I have done another reflection test, but on a diffrent kind of thing (a reflection from a Object) and it appears to be working fine:

anyway Heres the latest Test:

Note: The Mapping on one of the Objects hasnt worked properly, So half of the object is properly Textured, the other half. Isnt

Enjoy!

dhavalmistry

can you post a screen shot of the planet map for some reason I cant get this to work.....I really need to get the moon working.....

and nice improvement by the way!

zionner

Do you mean a screen of my map settings, or my accual Map

dhavalmistry

zionner

Ok, I'll upload them tomorrow (too late for me to do it now)

dhavalmistry

you dont have to upload them....I just want to take a look at it.....

you can post a screen shot

sjefen

It's cool, but why do you use Camera Projection mapping??? Why not Spherical mapping. I think that may be the problem with the reflections.
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

zionner

I Use Camera Projection, instead of Spherical is because its not a spherical map, and therefore when i change the map settings to spherical it comes out distorted, and dosent even look like a moon.

Also, If you look my Newst picture (the one with the ships) The reflection of the moon on the closest ship, looks completly normal,

Edit: Ok, Where and how do i upload or show these? lol

Sorry i've never tried uploading Screen prints before :/