New series of river works

Started by Dune, September 22, 2018, 08:12:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Nice area you live in. Thanks for these. Our situation is a little different, but refs like these are certainly interesting. Nice challenge for a render too.

mhaze

The second lake picture is exquisite!

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

luvsmuzik

Quote from: bobbystahr on October 22, 2018, 11:33:56 AM
Caveman doing Yoga LOL

I thought maybe Pan popped in there ::)

Agree, exquisite lake scene. :)

WAS

Quote from: luvsmuzik on October 22, 2018, 04:45:34 PM
Quote from: bobbystahr on October 22, 2018, 11:33:56 AM
Caveman doing Yoga LOL

I thought maybe Pan popped in there ::)

Agree, exquisite lake scene. :)

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who that Peter Pan.

Dune

These clients are nitpickers  >:(  The bigger green leaves they find too green. I don't think they really are, but well, no problem changing that. And do you guys see anything very wrong about the leg sticking out? Something about muscles that isn't right, as they say. I know the DAZ people aren't perfect, but I wouldn't know what to adjust (in ZB). Even stood in front of a mirror yesterday to see what they meant  ::)

Some clienst are just no fun working for; every time I adjust a 'complaint' they have, and render a new version, they find something else. Specific plant or bird instances they want removed, sky too blue, or not blue enough, etc.

DocCharly65

Sorry to hear that.. poor Ulco! I know this kind of customer... " Make the photo in greyscale but it must look colorful..."

With the leg: Perhaps they mean the wade, throwing a shadow they don't like. Sometimes it helps just to move the light position or alternatively the angle of the citicized object to get a completely different view. Sorry that I can't help more. Good luck for you to get the customers happy :)

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: Dune on October 23, 2018, 01:21:57 AM
These clients are nitpickers  >:(  The bigger green leaves they find too green. I don't think they really are, but well, no problem changing that. And do you guys see anything very wrong about the leg sticking out? Something about muscles that isn't right, as they say. I know the DAZ people aren't perfect, but I wouldn't know what to adjust (in ZB). Even stood in front of a mirror yesterday to see what they meant  ::)

Some clienst are just no fun working for; every time I adjust a 'complaint' they have, and render a new version, they find something else. Specific plant or bird instances they want removed, sky too blue, or not blue enough, etc.

I hope you're working for an hourly rate...(I guess you do) I only once did a fixed price thing, never ever again.

Dune

I guess they do mean the wade (new word to me), and I've already softened that area by changing the light (so I had the same idea, indeed). I'll ask them to be more specific (they probably can't).

No, Martin, fixed (but good) price. And they take advantage of it  :P But I also have very nice, professional clients, so I don't care too much. I just let them wait a little longer  8)

ajcgi

Had a Chinese client once who kept finding dragons in the work we submitted. Again and again. They were superstitious of them and continually saw forms in the scenery and particle sims that looked faintly like a dragon if you squinted, stepped back 5 feet then stood on your head.

bobbystahr

Quote from: ajcgi on October 25, 2018, 10:12:34 AM
Had a Chinese client once who kept finding dragons in the work we submitted. Again and again. They were superstitious of them and continually saw forms in the scenery and particle sims that looked faintly like a dragon if you squinted, stepped back 5 feet then stood on your head.

Ha ha ha ha, and don't put anything resembling a 4 in what you do for them. I once did a business card/stationary set that I had to redo 6 times for a Chinese pal's business as he kept seeing that 4  in my work. Had to change styles to art nouveau from art deco style to avoid the straight line inter action. Only figured it out after iteration 5 when he finally pointed out what bugged him...I think he was a tad embarrassed which is why it took so many iterations for him to tell me.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

;D They were very pleased after all, so I'll get over it.

Dune

Some small crops of another one.

DocCharly65

Nice details. I like the mossy trees very much.

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New