Red Dead Redemption 2

Started by otakar, October 26, 2018, 06:37:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

otakar

I don't own a console and don't play a ton of traditional games now that mobile games have become so convenient, but this sure has caught my attention. On XBox One X this game looks absolutely stunning in the reviews I've seen. If I were to get the setup and game I think I'd spend my entire time just making and sharing clips. The environment, lighting, atmospherics, texturing, the size of the world, it's truly stunning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVRzx17WHVk

Please share your experience if you are an early adopter :)

WAS

Yeah, all I know is it better get a PC release. A lot of us are still waiting on Red Dead Redemption to hit PC. They develop these games on PC so when they're exclusive it's appalling.

cyphyr

I was looking forward to this till I heard that there are no current plans for a PC release/port. Meh!
As I do not own a console or a TV to attach to one I am going to have to pass. More meh! >:(
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

WAS

Quote from: cyphyr on October 27, 2018, 11:25:20 AM
I was looking forward to this till I heard that there are no current plans for a PC release/port. Meh!
As I do not own a console or a TV to attach to one I am going to have to pass. More meh! >:(

As far as things have gone, they haven't released info for PC yet, just like GTAV which also released on Consoles first. Unlike Red Dead Redemption where they were quoted saying there was no actual plans for a PC release. So far we just haven't heard anything on PC which is similar to GTAV where they focused on consoles.

otakar

Yes, speculation is that a PC release is not coming before late 2019 and even that is uncertain. In the U.S. we're looking at a price tag of around $400 for the console and the game during Black Friday/Cyber Monday. A bit too steep for just one game probably, though I'd like to get my hands on Forza 7 (and kiss any remaining leisure time good-bye
8) )...