Atmosphere Broken in Preview

Started by WAS, November 01, 2018, 04:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

For some reason, starting this morning after some windows updates, I don't have a working atmosphere in the preview??? Veeery strange.

I've tried new docs and old projects and atmosphere (against BG sphere) only shows in couple pock marks.

Also, the Note shader has some graphical issues as well. Because of this I was worried about my GPU so I debugged dx and my drivers and everything seems fine, even benchmarks. This all just popped up after of course a Windows Update.

Oshyan

This appears to be a clipping distance issue. Likely your GPU driver was updated and this caused a change in how clipping plane precision is handled on your system. Try the bracket keys to adjust clipping plane distance in the 3D preview. It's unusual that it would be this limited though...

- Oshyan

WAS

Quote from: Oshyan on November 01, 2018, 07:30:35 PM
This appears to be a clipping distance issue. Likely your GPU driver was updated and this caused a change in how clipping plane precision is handled on your system. Try the bracket keys to adjust clipping plane distance in the 3D preview. It's unusual that it would be this limited though...

- Oshyan

Ah jeez! Thank you! That was bugging the crap out of me. Took steps forward to get a solid atmosphere. Does this hold through as a application setting or is it per project?

Oshyan

You know, I'm honestly not sure!

- Oshyan

Matt

The clipping plane adjustments are reset whenever you close Terragen, or the 3D Preview, or even if you hit the Reset button.
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

WAS

Yeah I found that out. I honestly rolled back the updates and suspended them for 30 days hoping it's a error on their part they'll patch. I use TG far to much and it's just an annoyance.