The Borg Queen is a Dalek

Started by DocCharly65, November 07, 2018, 11:09:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocCharly65

I have the proof!
The Borg Queen is a Dalek!
And I can even show why!

The implementation into my film project will obviously be near the borg cube :)
I still don't know when and how to integrate all the voices - so in this case a makeshift from the days of silent films ;)

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AvEpmvBUHi6qgqkAx2aBzCDZtdhrgw

Hannes

Dune

;D ;D ;D etcetera, etcetera. It's extremely funny!

luvsmuzik

It takes so little to make us happy! Great! Thanks! ;D

Oshyan

Hah! Man I love your imagination. And that sparkly suit material is fantastic!

- Oshyan

WAS

Hahaha! This is great! Can I share this with a Star Trek group? Lol

DocCharly65

Quote from: WASasquatch on November 08, 2018, 04:50:52 PM
Hahaha! This is great! Can I share this with a Star Trek group? Lol
thanks
be my guest :)

Before I forget - the music:

Parts from:
Edvard Grieg,  Peer Gynt Suite no1,  In the Hall of the Mountain King
Edvard Grieg,  Peer Gynt Suite no1,  Morning Mood

If I chose the right file it should be midi file conversions from mfiles.org.

DocCharly65

Good news!
After almost 2 years the borg scene is almost final.

This is still a not listed version, because I want to refine some details as e.g. some of the drummers movements which should fit better to the rythm in the second part of the song.

But you can see what's the plan.
The whole film will be divided into episodes like this (plus perhaps maximum one or two more like this in one YT upload)
It's to keep under 20 min like Paramount requires for Star Trek fan movies to tolerate their release.

But now for the moment exclusively for the TG forum... "Recently on the Borg Cube":

WAS

Quote from: DocCharly65 on April 15, 2020, 02:49:57 PMIt's to keep under 20 min like Paramount requires for Star Trek fan movies to tolerate their release.
They have to be under 20 mins now too? No wonder no one is making fan films anymore for Star Trek. Their crack down was ridiculous.

This is really cool, and the lighting looks wonderful with all that's going on. Like the sparkly touch to her suit too.

Dune

Hilarious and soooo well made, Nils. Movements are extremely smooth and natural, lighting is fantastic. Great stuff.

Hannes

Woooow!! Incredible! And most of the time the drummer seems to be in sync.

sboerner

QuoteWoooow!! Incredible!

Agree! So well done. Love the air guitar and long exterior shots with the distant audio, very funny.

How many light sources? And are those mo-cap cameras I see surrounding the dance floor?

j meyer

;D Really cool stuff, great! ;D

DocCharly65

Thanks to all :)

Quote from: WAS on April 15, 2020, 04:37:47 PMThey have to be under 20 mins now too? No wonder no one is making fan films anymore for Star Trek. Their crack down was ridiculous.
I am not 100% sure but I think it was 1-2 years ago, when Oshyan sent me a link or document with some of Paramounts "Fan Film Rules". Anyway I think my concept will meet the requirements of Paramount as well as all the others, I parody.

The  concept of dividing my film project into parts of a series will give me some advantages, I need to finish it anyway:
To finalise all that as a full-length feature film I just don't have the necessary background. It's no riddle to me any more why movies are usually made by sometimes up to 10.000 of people or more which are mostly more talented than me ;) .  Also I can hope for forgiveness for some gaps of logic or continuity in the story line if it's a series of episodes.

Quote from: sboerner on April 16, 2020, 11:03:42 AMHow many light sources? And are those mo-cap cameras I see surrounding the dance floor?

I used 77 light sources over all.
Some green ones only for a diffuse shining around the self illuminated green ceiling lights.
Some spots around the dance floor which are animated in strength, color and rotation synchronously to the rotations of the studio lamps.
I think 6 usual light sources in the large screen reflectors.
5 or 6 light sources without visible object with animated strength and Color for the overall/ambient colored flashing lights.
The five studio lamps at the wall are each equipped with a light source without a visible object as the real light source and one with low brightness for the visible lens flare effects.

The equipment around the dancefloor is from a set of photography studio objects by merrico on cgtrader. Not too expensive as I remember. some light screens, different tripods and the spotlights.
... and to do justice to my quirky humor, a couple of slot machines with Borg stuff on the ads. The green plasma balls are from an earlier clouds experiment by Kadri. Thanks Kadri :)

If I misunderstood your mo-cap question just as info: No motion capture. No automatics. All camera movements are hand made.
The animation of the two first "classic dance moves" are animated by hand and the rest is rigged and animated with MIXAMO. Both converted via blender into object sequences.
All object parts of the animated suits are 17730 objects in 120 folders with a total of 43.1 GB

...I should not tell... but the band will survive the spaceduckbubbles attack...  ;)

sboerner

Doc, those numbers are mind-boggling. But other than that your shot sequences, angles and editing are top-notch. Each clip gets more and more impressive. Can't wait to see the first full episode.

I was just curious about the motion capture cameras because that seemed like something you might do - setting up a mo-cap rig around an animation. Seems very meta, somehow. :)

Missed the slot machines. Have to watch it again.