New challenge

Started by Dune, November 09, 2018, 06:35:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Yes, that's something I have to change, there's only 2 shovelers, and I don't want to make 20. So merging a few clothing colors in the pop might help.

DocCharly65

That will be great... already very curious. Especially how the water will look at the end.
Cool trick with the 20 workers ;)

sboerner

QuoteAnother new challenge. Very much WIP.


Can you tell us what's going on in the image? I'm curious.

Your human figures just keep getting better and better.

Dune

November 30, 2018, 01:57:57 am #18 Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 02:20:36 am by Dune
I've been working on my humans a great deal lately and still find out new ways to do stuff, so luckily they do get better. In the older days when commissioned to do something involving humans (or animals) I tried to pursuede them to have a distant shot  :P No issue anymore.

The construction is a medieval drainage 'pipe', which was somehow used to dry the polder behind it (though I would have expected some kind of windmill at the other end). At front is the sea. But here the embankment is being opened to flood the polder (against some enemy in some war, I have the details somewhere). So citizens are being forced by the army to do the digging. Army still to be made....

Will you be adding any human(s) to your scene, btw? It would really lively it up.

Oh, and here's an update on the first one. Very low res.

And the second setting I need to make.

mhaze


DocCharly65

That will be a great collection of pictures!

Dune

December 11, 2018, 01:39:12 am #21 Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 01:40:47 am by Dune
Crop of the peat people. I often have problems when using small scale displacements, due to the 256 variation limit (I guess) they tend to make lines (left area). I still have to look for a way to overcome that.

DocCharly65

Wonderful Details!

Dimensions of any kind procedural setting or scale are my personal nightmare...  i cross my fingers for you :)

Dune

Finally found out why my folds didn't come out well, got a workflow now that works better.

Kadri


Nice progress.

Quote from: Dune on December 13, 2018, 01:56:08 am
Finally found out why my folds didn't come out well, got a workflow now that works better.


What was the reason Ulco ?

Dune

Well, actually it wasn't really a reason, but folds just didn't come out well. So I made a cavities mask and used that to darken the texture. But that didn't work out really well either, and now I do the obvious ( ::)); use it as an extra displacement mask. Huge difference.


bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on December 13, 2018, 02:12:05 am
Well, actually it wasn't really a reason, but folds just didn't come out well. So I made a cavities mask and used that to darken the texture. But that didn't work out really well either, and now I do the obvious ( ::)); use it as an extra displacement mask. Huge difference.


heh heh, same pipeline I often find myself in; try, and try, and try again then finally do the obvious...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune


DocCharly65

Quote from: bobbystahr on December 13, 2018, 10:32:01 am

heh heh, same pipeline I often find myself in; try, and try, and try again then finally do the obvious...


Ohhh yesss!  I know this kind of workflow - mine is the same too ;) ;)