Procedural River Maps (RGB Maps) Discussion

Started by WAS, November 10, 2018, 04:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

I've created a simple river setup which can be dropped into scenes without cluttering it up too bad with tons of shaders as it's neatly packaged. It offers extremely flexible controls in a categorized manner, plus the ability to of course customize the node network to any aspect the author would want.

This topic can be used as a sort of place to discuss the setup, for help or what not. In the mean time, enjoy the previews. :P

[attach=1] [attach=2]
[attach=3] [attach=4]
[attach=5]

jackblack

WAS

Quote from: jackblack on November 10, 2018, 09:39:30 PM
Looks great, where's the file?

It should be up on NWDA by tomorrow. Thought I'd reserve a discussion type topic for it in case anyone is confused.

Hannes

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

WAS

I hope it makes things easier to drop in and configure a river, especially through already displaced areas via simple masks.

WAS

Was doing a scene with PRM earlier and came across a lovely seed for the River LX Path that produces a interesting split in the river. Has a nice little splay in the 0,0,0 8km region as well.

Seed: 4635 (No other settings edited from Vanilla PRM)

CriticalTodd

Since the store is RIP, is there any other way to get ahold of this file?

WAS

amandas

Looks nice and clean, I know where to look if I need the river land :)
Artist / Developer
open for freelance / full project cycle
http://arturmandas.com

bobbystahr

This site can't be reachedwww.store.nwdastore.com's server IP address could not be found.
Try running Windows Network Diagnostics.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

WAS

Yes, we've known for a long time now the store has been closed. The file is now hosted (currently) on the Terragen Galleries Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Terragen.Galleries/permalink/2400770373382305/

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

pixelpusher636

Please disregard Sir. I've found it. About to check it out!

I don't suppose this file is still around anywhere is it WAS? Getting yellow color in Classic Erosion river setup. 😌
The more I use Terragen, the more I realize the world is not so small.