The work must go on / wait for Riddick

Started by Agura Nata, November 13, 2018, 12:20:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Agura Nata

The Dwemornator, a still functional and impressive legacy of the Dwemer from Skyrim. It smokes and steams, it rattles and rumbles, it's best not to get too close to the Dwemornator ;)

Object created in Blender 2.81 and rendered in Terragen 4.4.67
"Live and Learn!"

Hannes

Weird! (...in a good way!)
The only thing I'd like to criticize is the scale impression of this... thing. ;)  It's somehow planted onto these far mountains, but it looks like it's only one meter high. Maybe you could add some sense of scale by changing the texturing?

Agura Nata

Quote from: Hannes on June 17, 2020, 10:49:33 amWeird! (...in a good way!)
The only thing I'd like to criticize is the scale impression of this... thing. ;)  It's somehow planted onto these far mountains, but it looks like it's only one meter high. Maybe you could add some sense of scale by changing the texturing?
Thanks a lot dear Hannes!

I agree with you my friend!

After I built it, I was looking for a landscape, in the original it is about 12 meters high.
Mixing two Dune materials made the landscape more interesting from a distance, but you would have to make some changes nearby. I'll take that into account next time. I also don't like the base and some of it is without details on the part. It needs to be revised, there is no hurry, the Dwemer do not run away anymore;)
"Live and Learn!"