Seeds&fractals

Started by Mahnmut, October 21, 2007, 11:26:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mahnmut

I am at the moment working on flowing water, but I think an answer to my question could be useful to many other issues to:

Is it possible in TG to let a fractal follow other structures?

I for example tried to use the seed number of my fakestones again in a power fractal displacement, but I didn´t get any obvious relation between the stone pattern and the fractals.
If this was possible, it could make a great workaround for fluid dynamics  (for example).

Best Regards,
Jan

Oshyan

I don't think what you want to do is really possible. Seed values for one type of fractal (voronoi in the case of Fake Stones) will have no relation to seed values for another fractal, for one thing. In terms of "following other structure", I think the best you could do might be to use a Warp and use the node that creates the "other structure" as the warper for your new fractal, giving it some semblance of similar form, but still maintaining its unique fractal basis. But even with this approach it is a far, far cry from any workaround for fluid dynamics.

- Oshyan

Mahnmut

Thanks, Oshyan.
Although it is a far cry for a workaround to fluid dynamics, it is not as far as the cry for the real dynamics.
;)
And at least now I know that if there is a fractal that could have something to do with my stones, it would be voronoi.
Thanks!
I´ll keep on trying.
Best Regards,
Jan