Sin Scalar for a Basic Terrain

Started by KlausK, December 04, 2018, 09:08:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KlausK

Hi everybody.

A rather small node network to get a good start on a terrain.
I used a warped Sin Scalar (does it warp or is it the planet?) to feed into the Fractal Terrain
and on the right side of the network the Sin Scalar is rotated 90 degrees around the y-axis
and merged together (difference).
The pattern is clearly visible in the wide shot. Getting closer to ground level it is not very noticable anymore.
Getting wild with Surface Layers after that should be taking this into a very detailed highlandish terrain.
Thanks for C+C.

CHeers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

KlausK

/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

KlausK

Blending / adding the two Sin Scalar streams of the Node Network together.

CHeers, Klaus

archonforest

Nice. I like the middle render. Cool POV and like the colors.
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

KlausK

Thx, archonforest.
For me the scene is not ment to be a finished picture, more to show that
these overwhelming  :o networks you see every now and then are needed to get a usable start.

CHeers, Klaus

KlausK

DocCharly65

The last two renders are my favorites -- what impressive clouds these are!

KlausK

Thank you DocCharlie65!

I exported a clipfile if you want to take a look.
CHeers, Klaus

mhaze

NIce work - thanks for the file - will spend much time playing :D

KlausK

Thank you, mhaze!
Here is the scene file. All settings like used for the middle wide shot from above.
As always, any C&C about the file is welcome.

CHeers, Klaus

ps: TG version 4.1.25

DocCharly65

Quote from: KlausK on December 09, 2018, 07:44:10 AM
Thank you DocCharlie65!

I exported a clipfile if you want to take a look.
CHeers, Klaus

Thanks Klaus :)