Looking for Canoe

Started by dhavalmistry, October 21, 2007, 02:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhavalmistry

I was looking for a HQ model of canoe for my canoe scene...anyone??
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

sjefen

ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

DeathTwister

Wow bro,

I would have thought of all people you would be a modeler of high-est rank somehow.  Blender, max, XSI, Light wave gues not? well all those apps can make a nice hi quality canoe in about 30 minutes prolly.  I would be happy to model one real quick for you if I was not so swamped with stuff atm. But it is not hard, maybe getting the textures for it could be, but the modeling part is easy enough.
  Don't you have any of the above apps to work with? if not, go to blender.org and grab the newest build as it is free and look for some tuts that may fit into what you need.  Also Max has a free version called G max, and XSI just released a free version of there software so go check em out, if you have no real modeling apps, But your way to good a 3D Artist in both tgd2 and other apps I have seen not to be into modeling my friend, your just to dam good not to be into it so please you have a new area to explore if you have not done much modeling up to this point. If I can find some time in the next few days I will see if I can get around to modeling one for ya, and pop it up here or some where as it looks like if none can be found, we better make one for peeps /winks.  So I will see if I can get it on my to do list for ya bro.  remind me in a few days though if you would? I really am hella swamped and also been real sick, a bad combo for sure.

I am rendering a huge image in tgd2 right now with the full Deep version and have the detail way up there so my CPU is pegged for next day or 2 while it renders. Now we getting into Bryce timeline renders once you take that detail button above 1 hahahahaha  If none can be found by the time it is done I will make ya one my brother just for you.

Just a reminder, about 10 days left for the new Monthly tgd2 challenges to enter.

DT
Maylock Aromy DeathTwister Stansbury
ATOMIX Productions

bigben

cyphyr

I'll make you one if you want, I need a break from my haywain project. Let me have some reference images or I'll make one like the link above.
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

dhavalmistry

thanx cypher.....that would be nice...

I want the front to go up....so that a lamp could hand from there....that wouldnt be more of canoe but thats what I want...if you can.....

by the way how is the project going??....

cyphyr

Are you thinking of a boat like one might use to cross the river Styx, the river separating the world of the living fro the world of the dead?
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
/|\

dhavalmistry

something like this but a lot smaller...maybe canoe size except the front part where it looks like the neck, goes the other way round so the lamp that hangs on it would fall in the boat and not in the water (sorry...English isnt my primary language)

http://www.middle-earth-journeys.com/img/boat.gif

arisdemos

Hallo:

I believe that a fellow by the name of Helmut Schaub email: h.shaub@aon.at was where I obtained my Native American canoe, and there were also other small European watercraft offered/created by this talented modeler at other sites. I recall and have a pic of an Aurthurian style boat it has a high prow curving backward with a high backed rounded stern. I had to export most models for personal customizing as object files from Poser and then make my modifications in 3d Studio Max plus re-create many textures in photo shop, still the base models created by Helmut did save me a lot of time and effort. Hope this helps and good luck with your project.

Arisdemos-

bigben

dhavalmistry

cyphyr

This the sort of thing your after? Still plenty to do on it but I thought I'd give you a wip.
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
/|\

dhavalmistry

hey!...thanx that looks good...what program are you using??....

this is 80% what I was looking for....the other 20% would be making a hook on the stern coming in...to hang the lamp on it....

thank you very much for this....if you wish...I can pay for the model and your work....let me know...

Harvey Birdman

red_planet

minor troll mode on alert....

looks suspiciously like Blender to me !!  :D some people "get it"  ;)

minor troll mode off