Just a Fantasy

Started by bobbystahr, December 12, 2018, 12:21:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Found this model lying  about in my buildings folder and well went here...C&C welcome.  Dune grass XFROG Incense Cedar trees.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

mhaze

Nice setup but it's very misty?

bobbystahr

Quote from: mhaze on December 12, 2018, 10:36:27 AM
Nice setup but it's very misty?

As I intended so I guess, success. I wanted that walking through water mist you get on the coast some days.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Oshyan

Unfortunately it is very smoggy in this kingdom. But not a bad place to be otherwise. ;)

Perhaps you intended a more "soft, dreamy" look? In that case I'd suggest reducing haze back to more normal levels and experiment with the glow effects instead (big and soft).

- Oshyan

bobbystahr

Quote from: Oshyan on December 12, 2018, 04:57:30 PM
Unfortunately it is very smoggy in this kingdom. But not a bad place to be otherwise. ;)

Perhaps you intended a more "soft, dreamy" look? In that case I'd suggest reducing haze back to more normal levels and experiment with the glow effects instead (big and soft).

- Oshyan

Thanks Oshyan, I'll give that a try and coincidentally and unchacteristically, we awoke here in the prairies to fog like that but with hoar frost...may try one of those as well.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DocCharly65

- Oshyan

Good idea! - additionally I think you can reduce the render time this way :)
But anyway I like the composition too :)

bobbystahr

Quote from: DocCharly65 on December 13, 2018, 12:11:36 AM

- Oshyan

Good idea! - additionally I think you can reduce the render time this way :)
But anyway I like the composition too :)

Heh heh heh, turns out the fog is a Ver 2 cloud so I've turned it off and am trying the atmo thing now.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

O K, here's a 920x517  re-do with a re mapped castle and Atmo fog instead of Cloud fog: the beauty part is the Bloom pass at the end for me...it finishes the image..I'd totally forgotten about the lovely cirrus clouds that had been masked out, happy they showed up again if faintly.
Rendering a full size/res version atm
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

So, as it turns out not only was it Cloud fog it was coloured Cloud fog. Using atmo haze default it came out white first test. Also with Cloud fog the light in the tower was there but no visible beams so no problem but with Atmo fog all of a sudden they are a noisy bit of crap and need at least 64 samples to clear it up...and not that nice so I've turned the glow off. C&C enabled!
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DocCharly65

I like the new texture map and the light in the tower looks better as well :)
Also the overall color looks better now.

The green under the trees looks a bit too saturated. and if you add some rocks in the foreground I think you are close to the final :)