Render is too Bright compared to RTP

Started by patso, December 22, 2018, 03:31:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patso

I am trying to debug an image render issue with no success. I set up a project with a moving light to simulate a rocket lighting up clouds at night.

The first time I rendered with Render View locally, the image matched the RTP image as shown in attached images "Normal.04100.jpg" and  "TGD_Issue_122118.JPG." Then I starting rendering with "Sequence/Output" and all images were too bright and looked like attached image "SequenceRender.04100.jpg."

I closed the program and reopened it and rendered again with "Render View" locally. The result was a bright image. I tried lowering the Light strength in factors of 10 from 1e+011 to 1e+005 -- the result was the same. I lowered "Max  Distance" from 1e+007 to 0 -- same result.

Is there something in the settings that I have missed? I am using 4.2.10. Should I try 4.3?

Thanks, Patrick

Oshyan

It's pretty difficult to say what's going on here without seeing the TGD or at the least all render settings tabs.

- Oshyan

patso

Thanks for your reply Oshyan.

I found the source of the issue. Under Enviro light, Strength in atmosphere was set way too high i.e 2000. When I set value to 1, images rendered normally and were not blown out. Note to self for next time.

Happy holidays!
Patrick

Oshyan

Ah, glad you sorted it out. Happy holidays to you as well. :)

- Oshyan