Interesting medieval castle story

Started by bobbystahr, December 27, 2018, 10:08:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

bobbystahr

Quote from: Sienova on January 02, 2019, 11:39:26 pm
We would like to thank you very much for the information we received because it is very good information.



You're most welcome...I as well found it quite educational.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Hannes

Quote from: bobbystahr on January 03, 2019, 12:00:55 am
Quote from: Sienova on January 02, 2019, 11:39:26 pm
We would like to thank you very much for the information we received because it is very good information.



You're most welcome...I as well found it quite educational.


;D ;D ;D Bobby, I guess, this is one of those annoying spam comments. I don't know, why these get through and what the purpose of those is, but I'd say over time I get a feeling, if it's a real comment or just one of those automatically generated sentences.

Nevertheless, thanks for the link. Very informative! And I like old castles... :)


bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on January 03, 2019, 08:47:43 am
Quote from: bobbystahr on January 03, 2019, 12:00:55 am
Quote from: Sienova on January 02, 2019, 11:39:26 pm
We would like to thank you very much for the information we received because it is very good information.



You're most welcome...I as well found it quite educational.


;D ;D ;D Bobby, I guess, this is one of those annoying spam comments. I don't know, why these get through and what the purpose of those is, but I'd say over time I get a feeling, if it's a real comment or just one of those automatically generated sentences.

Nevertheless, thanks for the link. Very informative! And I like old castles... :)


Actually Hannes to me it looks like someone tho doesn't have a good handle on English grammar. Never the less glad you liked it...it appealed to the Scot in me.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Hannes

Quote from: bobbystahr on January 03, 2019, 10:32:27 am
Actually Hannes to me it looks like someone tho doesn't have a good handle on English grammar. Never the less glad you liked it...it appealed to the Scot in me.


I found another similar comment by the same "user" and reported it to the moderator. These kind of comments appear from time to time, and they sound indeed friendly, but occasionally you find five or more comments in different threads at the same time with similar text without any deeper meaning, and most of the time there is no real context between the thread and the comment.
I guess these are some sort of spam bots that somehow found their way into the forum. I have no idea what the purpose of this is, but it's annoying.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on January 03, 2019, 12:39:01 pm
Quote from: bobbystahr on January 03, 2019, 10:32:27 am
Actually Hannes to me it looks like someone tho doesn't have a good handle on English grammar. Never the less glad you liked it...it appealed to the Scot in me.


I found another similar comment by the same "user" and reported it to the moderator. These kind of comments appear from time to time, and they sound indeed friendly, but occasionally you find five or more comments in different threads at the same time with similar text without any deeper meaning, and most of the time there is no real context between the thread and the comment.
I guess these are some sort of spam bots that somehow found their way into the forum. I have no idea what the purpose of this is, but it's annoying.


Checked out their posts and have to agree
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Oshyan

They are, indeed, spam. And that person has been removed. Honestly I don't quite understand the purpose of them either. In some cases they'll have spam URLs in their signatures or something, even in hidden text. But most of these do not. I've heard that it may be the case that they're trying to appear non-spammy (with no external links), but then they plan to come back after nobody notices anymore, and add in URLs to their signature, and then suddenly all their posts would have the spam URL. Sneaky if so. But we don't let them stick around long enough to do that, if that's the case. ;)

- Oshyan

bobbystahr

Quote from: Oshyan on January 04, 2019, 07:54:20 pm
They are, indeed, spam. And that person has been removed. Honestly I don't quite understand the purpose of them either. In some cases they'll have spam URLs in their signatures or something, even in hidden text. But most of these do not. I've heard that it may be the case that they're trying to appear non-spammy (with no external links), but then they plan to come back after nobody notices anymore, and add in URLs to their signature, and then suddenly all their posts would have the spam URL. Sneaky if so. But we don't let them stick around long enough to do that, if that's the case. ;)

- Oshyan



I think that's likely their modus operandi, good catch!
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Hannes