Author Topic: Another voice-to-video related question...  (Read 214 times)

Offline N-drju

• A bee-sting allergic artist and philosopher
Another voice-to-video related question...
« on: January 30, 2019, 07:06:58 AM »
Guys,

So let's say I have just recorded a set of audio files for my video. Some for narrator bits, others for each individual character.

Now, what software would you recommend to:

1. Add audio files to an MP4 video?
2. Add several audio files to the same exact time-stamp, without erasing previous inputs? (like several characters talking at the same moment or arguing passionately)
3. Hand-pick time-stamps where I would like the audio to be placed? (rather than having to synchronize my entire video for dozens of files or being forced to enter each time-stamp down to f$!#$ nanoseconds ::))
4. Use it for free? (pretty please)

Nice to have:

1. A vignetting or clipping option. In other words - to cut-off a top and bottom piece of the video. Alternatively, fill bottom and top with black rectangles (kind of like you see in cinemas).

Thank you for your help and time. :)
"When dictatorship is a fact, revolution becomes a right."

Offline digitalguru

Re: Another voice-to-video related question...
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 08:12:46 PM »
Have you tried Davinci Resolve? It's a fully featured Non-Linear editor, with color grading and full audio mixer and best of all for the non studio version it's completely free :) (There is a paid version but that includes 4k output, noise reduction, and the Fusion compositor)

It does have a bit of a learning curve, but there are plenty of tutorials out on the web for it. Does need a higher spec graphics card if you are doing intense grading, but for mixing audio to picture should run well on most machines.

I think it beats programs like Premiere and Final Cut Pro hands down and all the more impressive that it's free.

. Add audio files to an MP4 video?
Yes it can do MP4 and many other pro formats.

Add several audio files to the same exact time-stamp
IIt can layer up to a 1000 audio tracks.

Hand-pick time-stamps where I would like the audio to be placed?
I haven't gone too deeply into this myself but I think there are many tools for placing and syncing audio.

A vignetting or clipping option. In other words - to cut-off a top and bottom piece of the video

Yes, it's called Output Blanking

If you tried it and found you wanted the Pro Studio version, go to http://www.bmcuser.com - users who have bought two or more Blackmagic cameras sell off their extra dongles dirt cheap.

But the free version has probably got more than you'll want  :)

« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 08:18:05 PM by digitalguru »

Offline N-drju

• A bee-sting allergic artist and philosopher
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 04:33:06 PM »
Excellent. Thanks for the tip. I'll take a look over weekend. :)

At first glance it seems complicated indeed. But since I need just a couple of functions it shouldn't be too overwhelming either. And since it is free, I don't have to rush with learning it!

I actually found a way to layer several audio tracks over one another in Audacity, so I'll just do this task from there.
"When dictatorship is a fact, revolution becomes a right."

Offline Oshyan

• Planetside Staff
  • Holy snagging ducks!
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2019, 09:00:09 PM »
Resolve was also going to be my recommendation. :D

- Oshyan