Canyon - 2nd Attempt

Started by RichTwo, February 03, 2019, 02:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichTwo

Pretty much it's the same as my previous.  I moved a few trees and added waves (maybe too much?) and whitecaps to the river - which increased render time 10X, even after removing reflective and luminous features.  I tried taming the waves by masking, but it seemed to have no effect.  Oh, well - here it is.
They're all wasted!

Dune

You don't really need transparency, which will decrease rendertime. For a really wild foaming river, you could even try just colors (greens, blues, whites for froth) and no-RT reflective shader, which would be superfast. Maybe in some calmer section (by mask; painted or PF) plug in a RT- reflective shader on a surface shader. You can even locally smooth the waves a bit by the smoothing function.

René

This looks promising. You already have a good point of view and a beautiful composition. The quiet river in your first attempt has a beautiful reflection and is a resting point in an image with a lot to see. I think a realistic wild river will require a lot of work, and if you don't do it right, it will ruin everything. :)
If you opted for a calm river, all you have to do is decide how big the waves should be in relation to the trees and you can concentrate on the rest of the image.

Stormlord

The point of view is good, but!!!
The waves on the surface does not really match reality. Make them a lot smaller and you will see, the result is more convincing!

But nevertheless a good start

STORMLORD

bobbystahr

Quote from: René on February 04, 2019, 03:54:58 AM
This looks promising. You already have a good point of view and a beautiful composition. The quiet river in your first attempt has a beautiful reflection and is a resting point in an image with a lot to see. I think a realistic wild river will require a lot of work, and if you don't do it right, it will ruin everything. :)
If you opted for a calm river, all you have to do is decide how big the waves should be in relation to the trees and you can concentrate on the rest of the image.

I quite agree..liked the first one better as well...but good advice from René
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist