Quote from: lat 64 on April 09, 2015, 01:46:32 AM
I finally got an account on Vimeo.
I'll just bump this thread when I can post more. That's not too often. :P

My airship video and a new rocket launch:

https://vimeo.com/user39125277/altair-airship
https://vimeo.com/user39125277/black-brant-launch-into-aurora

No post work on the images, just some noise from the Garage Band app

Russ

nice to see a Black Brant, they used to launch those North of here in Churchill till one version or another of the Progressive Conservatives axed the program
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

lat 64

Bobby, Good grief! are you really in Churchill?
I'm in Fairbanks, Alaska of course. We're neighbors!
You must spend long winter hours muddling with TG.

Since posting those earlier videos, I have a new i-7 i-mac now that does a fair job rendering. I am hoping to get more involved as the summer progresses. 360-VR is fun. I have so many ideas and so little time.

Cheers
I'm a half century plus ten yrs old. Yikes!

bobbystahr

Quote from: lat 64 on March 27, 2018, 06:53:54 PM
Bobby, Good grief! are you really in Churchill?
I'm in Fairbanks, Alaska of course. We're neighbors!
You must spend long winter hours muddling with TG.

Cheers

nope, bout 1004km South of it as the crow flies but we have awful weather as well, just for slightly less time. Getting a turn for the wortse for Easter after a pleasant past 3 days...like that...so I do spend a fair bit of winter time terragening, when I'm not playin my guitars. As I'm retired that's my life 4 now.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

lat 64

Another thread bump. I posted a melting glacier on Vimeo:

https://vimeo.com/user39125277

I updated the 3-d flight up the Kahiltna glacier too. Vimeo kind-of trashes the resolution so it looks worse. Im using it for free, so I guess I have no leg for complaining though.

The Voronoi work is really working for me in the crevasses.

Cheers all,

russ

Dune

sboerner

These are very cool. Not sure how I missed the earlier posts, but the volcano is my favorite with the melting glacier a close second. Are you an geology teacher or professional? These could find a good home on someone's earth-science website.

DocCharly65

lat 64

Quote from: sboerner on January 29, 2019, 01:44:47 PM
These are very cool. Not sure how I missed the earlier posts, but the volcano is my favorite with the melting glacier a close second. Are you an geology teacher or professional? These could find a good home on someone's earth-science website.

Nope, I'm just a starving artist like many others here. TG with animation just lends itself sweetly to this kind of geological morphing. Im trying to extend  the limits of my skills to have a better portfolio to show some clients that ARE doing geophysical work. Some projects in the future hopefully(fingers-crossed emoji)
My rotten ice is not yet to satisfaction. I really want to get that blue glow to sit deep in the glacier. I've seen some awesome work by the masters on this forum so I know it can be done.

Thank you all for the words of encouragement.

Russ

Dune

If you're using a mask to get the crevices, use the same mask to adjust the colors by adding a bluish color adjust to darken and some bluish luminosity, mix it well (pretty hard) and you can get some sort of bluish glowing crevices.

lat 64

Thanks Ulco,

I was using two copies of the famous DandelO "Cracks" clip file fed into a merge shader with a Constant Scalar blue node(gasp!) as a mix controller. It's embarrassing how wild the node network gets. It looks like a hungry spider has been working on my web.
I am slowly reading the Wiki and experimenting with the settings to educate myself. I'll try to go with your suggestion and see what happens.

Kadri

I like these kind of animations. More please :)

lat 64

Here's another video. It's rather like a school exercise for me as I work on controlling Voronoi cracks and 4d noise. It's not perfect, but I spent over 24 hours rendering this. I think the best part is the lava.

https://vimeo.com/326409828

The jitteriness on the approach is just low frame-rate and poor G.I. quality in the render. I only used 4d noise in the PF for the lava in the crater.

Dune

Very nice. I agree; lava seems alive.

DocCharly65

My compliment! Very cool and I agree too! Very nice lava effect! :)