A walk in the woods.

Started by Kevin F, February 25, 2019, 12:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin F

Here's one making use of Path Tracing.

Dune

This looks very good. I only think the smallish tree at right looks a bit flat, but that may be the sun angle.

mhaze

Kevin F

Thanks Guys,

@Dune, you've got a great eye for detail. You're absolutely right about the flat look. It's an error on my part. I had an extra, low level light source just in front of that tree. I'd been testing the effect on this very dark area and forgot to remove it before render!

I'll re-render later.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Kevin F on February 26, 2019, 01:13:25 PM

Thanks Guys,

@Dune, you've got a great eye for detail. You're absolutely right about the flat look. It's an error on my part. I had an extra, low level light source just in front of that tree. I'd been testing the effect on this very dark area and forgot to remove it before render!

I'll re-render later.

I rely on Dune for detail checking....he's saved a number of images for me. Other than that tree looking really nice.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

DocCharly65

Waiting for the re-render version... but what I see looks already great!

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Kevin F

Here's the re- rendered version, still with the extra light source but this time with shadows enabled! If the light source is removed the area in the front right is far too dark, and basically black. But with shadows enabled the area has much more definition.

I've also included  a version with low level mist using a PF for the function in the depth modulator.

bobbystahr

well done on the re-render man...very real!!!
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

Great update! Light and detail is fantastic now. But........... why are some trunks so dark? while they are in sunshine. Must be a different object from the same species with different color settings on the trunk.

Agura Nata

"Live and Learn!"

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on March 01, 2019, 02:05:11 AM
Great update! Light and detail is fantastic now. But........... why are some trunks so dark? while they are in sunshine. Must be a different object from the same species with different color settings on the trunk.

that made me sorta go hmmm as well as I had that happen and never did figure it out so I binned the project.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Oshyan

I love the misty version!

- Oshyan