Rock bottom yet again

Started by N-drju, August 28, 2018, 03:55:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

N-drju

Not jumping to conclusions, but... I think the guy is well and alive. Just enjoying his new beach-villa, drink with a little umbrella in it and a hot, Caymanese sun.

But if he did pass away, imagine some other time and someone else. That would... ::)

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2019/feb/04/quadrigacx-canada-cryptocurrency-exchange-locked-gerald-cotten
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Upon Infinity

I really want to like cryptos...but I don't.  Too many flaws, too easy to produce new ones and slap a new name on it.

penboack

I would like crypto prices to keep falling as it put downward pressure on computer component prices, particularly GPUs.

D.A. Bentley (SuddenPlanet)

Is that why GPU prices skyrocketed?  I paid $800 for my EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 back in Dec. 2017, and now it's nearly $1,400!  Now I wish I would have bought two when I had the chance.

-Derek

masonspappy

Quote from: D.A. Bentley on March 01, 2019, 05:02:56 PM
Is that why GPU prices skyrocketed? 
-Derek

I think a combination of  hardware for cryptocurrency mining and Artificial Intelligence  buildouts. On my last gig my team built out the infrastructure for an  AI platform, and we were forecasting massive numbers of GPUs for a range of AI projects.  It seems like every mother's son and their pet dog Sparky are getting into the AI act.