Difficulties selecting instances within a population.

Started by Upon Infinity, March 27, 2019, 04:52:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Upon Infinity

So, I have a forest scene and am experiencing a lot of trouble selecting different trees within a population.  Terragen always seem to select either a tree off to the side, or behind me and it's quite frustrating.  Is it measuring from the render camera (rather than the active one), or is there otherwise a workaround for this?  Any plans to improve this feature in the future? I'm still on TG3, so forgive me if it's already been improved in newer versions.

Dune

Sometimes it's a bit difficult if other lines are within easy reach of the instance, like from a simple shape, but you can turn those off (in TG4 at least). It's best to hover right above the instances to be edited and move around the mouse/pen until you 'catch' one.

mhaze

Sometimes it helps to zoom in, I also turn off all other populations if I'm having difficulties.

Upon Infinity

Getting above the pop definitely helped, for sure, but I still have to guess approximately which specific tree I want to move on the ground when looking at them from above. Zooming in is where the frustration come up, as the selector doesn't seem to want to stick to anything (it doesn't even appear). Staying 'inside' the pop seems to be where the problem is produced.  Much improvement could be made to this feature.