Language bug

Started by Costaud, October 28, 2007, 12:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Costaud

Here a curious "bug" with language, I saved a project with shaders with french accents (like roche foncé) I reopened this file later but I get an Errors and Warnings message with no scene at all. Christianfly reported an similar problem with project file name in french on his site but not with Shaders name.

sjefen

French people are not willing to learn english, so why would Terragen 2 want to learn french :P
I'm sorry. Just a little joke. Don't take it personal ;) I just thought it was a funny bug. Why would Terragen even care what you like to name your shaders? ::) LOL
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

rcallicotte

Other languages than English are not presently supported, as far as I understand it.  This includes accents, etc.

Quote from: Costaud on October 28, 2007, 12:58:12 PM
Here a curious "bug" with language, I saved a project with shaders with french accents (like roche foncé) I reopened this file later but I get an Errors and Warnings message with no scene at all. Christianfly reported an similar problem with project file name in french on his site but not with Shaders name.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Costaud

I use both english and french but for now I will only use english...but what happens if I mispealling some words maybe Terragen have an integrated spell check, who know  ;D

rcallicotte

I remember Oshyan talking about some characters aren't acceptable in the TG2 character set.  Yet. 

;D

Quote from: Costaud on October 28, 2007, 03:47:51 PM
I use both english and french but for now I will only use english...but what happens if I mispealling some words maybe Terragen have an integrated spell check, who know  ;D
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Aenea

Well...fortunately this time the French and the Germans have something in common *lol*
our umlauts are producing the same problems.....

Aenea

old_blaggard

Ah, les pauvres....
Ihr seid so arm :P.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Volker Harun

Lieber arm und glücklich als reich und überheblich ;D

old_blaggard

http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

dhavalmistry

"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

bigben

Or at least one language per post  ;)

Oshyan

We hope to be able to include Unicode support in the final release and that would take care of these kinds of issues. It may have to wait for a future (post-final) update however.

- Oshyan

Cyber-Angel

Would Planetside also be including ISO and other language encoding support such as  for those languages or character sets thereof that are not covered by the Unicode Specification? 

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel 

jo

Hi Cyber-Angel,

Quote from: Cyber-Angel on October 31, 2007, 08:19:33 PM
Would Planetside also be including ISO and other language encoding support such as  for those languages or character sets thereof that are not covered by the Unicode Specification?  

As far as I'm aware, Unicode covers pretty much every script known to man, including Klingon I believe. We don't need to worry about support any oddball character sets, the OS should handle conversion to and from Unicode. As to text files, the only encodings we are likely to accept at this stage are ASCII or UTF-8 ( a Unicode encoding ).

Regards,

Jo

Cyber-Angel

Hi Jo,

Thank you for clearing this matter up for me, I am interested as you know in Computer/Human interaction as such UI universality is some thing I have a strong interest in to that end UI Internationalization is some thing that I advocate, it is good to know that these matters are been attended to which at the end of the day means that  TG2 and its ancestors will be used by more people in more countries and that is good for everyone concerned.

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel