StahrWerld_ recent adventures

Started by bobbystahr, May 06, 2019, 03:24:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Quote from: PcXT on May 07, 2019, 06:28:11 AM
Quotewell for starters as you're relatively new here you'll likely not know I'm a functional colour blind dude and greens and reds are my area of horror.
And as well these are done deals as I mentioned and no re-dos are gonna happen..thanks for your interest though.

I didn't know for sure, my apologies.
I said that because the scenes are really well done and I thought I could help at my humble level.
(I really like the prehistoric forest !)

No problem and thanks for the compliment on the prehistoric forest render...I liked it a lot as well.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Hannes

Quote from: bobbystahr on May 07, 2019, 10:51:45 AM
Awesome hannes...you da best...this will be very helpful. I have a colour picker I use on google images to harvest colour but this will be way more useful....

Cool. I guess, picking colors from images sometimes leads to strange results. I tested the colors in my file on objects within TG, so it should work.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on May 07, 2019, 11:16:03 AM
Quote from: bobbystahr on May 07, 2019, 10:51:45 AM
Awesome hannes...you da best...this will be very helpful. I have a colour picker I use on google images to harvest colour but this will be way more useful....

Cool. I guess, picking colors from images sometimes leads to strange results. I tested the colors in my file on objects within TG, so it should work.

with my disability with colour I've been living off .tgc files I create out of .tgd's posted here and there that I manage to harvest clips from. so this will be way cool!
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

and this is where this one eventually wound up....started with a world machine terrain file
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DocCharly65

"hi poly tree scene2 00 35 42 AA4mpD.5.jpg" is so far my favorite :)

bobbystahr

Quote from: DocCharly65 on May 13, 2019, 05:57:23 AM
"hi poly tree scene2 00 35 42 AA4mpD.5.jpg" is so far my favorite :)

Thanks man...mine as well
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

hi poly tree version 2a. mainly trying for less obvious/more realistic 'light rays'.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

Light is great here, but I'd use less of the shrub and more vibrant green grasses and ferns. And make the path better (sandy?)....

Hannes

Agree with Ulco. Great lighting indeed. I have the impression, that the bark texture is too large. If you'd use an image map shader for that, you could resize it. I'm pretty sure, this would look better.

Dune

You can resize after the default shader, just don't use world space.

DocCharly65

So far the best! :)
Listen to Ulco... can make it even better :)

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on May 18, 2019, 01:29:57 AM
Light is great here, but I'd use less of the shrub and more vibrant green grasses and ferns. And make the path better (sandy?)....

Thanks Ulco, wasn't really paying attention to that as I was light testing...will get back to this later but off to a Funeral/Memorial for a dude I played guitar with off and on for years...the booze caught up to him....sigh...glad I quit 20+ years back
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on May 18, 2019, 05:35:24 AM
Agree with Ulco. Great lighting indeed. I have the impression, that the bark texture is too large. If you'd use an image map shader for that, you could resize it. I'm pretty sure, this would look better.
I think (not looking at it now) that the bark was baked in displacement but I could be wrong...I'll check when I update it.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DannyG

Bobby are these the Forest Trees from Gumroad? Never mind I just looked they are ;)
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

bobbystahr

Quote from: DannyG on May 18, 2019, 08:33:52 PM
Bobby are these the Forest Trees from Gumroad?

not sure, I think they were called Pro Tree Pack...but they're awesome. there are bushes in the same package I dl'd
Just checked and yup.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New