Canyons Single Node

Started by RichTwo, May 10, 2019, 07:36:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichTwo

Here in one neat little package is single node hookup for creating some pretty nice looking canyon-like features.  Very little of it is my own doing - it's a workable patchwork of files shared right here by greater minds than mine.

I hope you can make use of it.
They're all wasted!

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

WAS

Awesome look. Another good way to get canyons is using negative Buoyancy from Variation and Clumping of Variation. It will give you inverted noise which you can combine with some warping and such for unique formations.

RoosterD

I love this! I've been trying to come up with a canyon you could customize and be able to see both walls in a shot. Adding some Classic Erosion smooths out the rough edges. I'll have fun with this.
Thanks

RichTwo

Nice work, Rooster!  I see you added at least one strata / outcrops shader.  In close-ups there are small scale strata that are inherently produced procedurally and they look fairly "natural".  I've never gotten results I can be happy with the shader though.  But I'm glad you find it to fit for your desires.  For me, it just keeps the "home" node window clean and easier to work with.
They're all wasted!

Hannes

Thanks for the node, Rich! And compliments for the last image, Rooster!! Looks amazingly real.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Rich2 on May 14, 2019, 05:06:11 PM
Nice work, Rooster!  I see you added at least one strata / outcrops shader.  In close-ups there are small scale strata that are inherently produced procedurally and they look fairly "natural".  I've never gotten results I can be happy with the shader though.  But I'm glad you find it to fit for your desires.  For me, it just keeps the "home" node window clean and easier to work with.

try controlling your Strata with a Distribution shader....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

mhaze

Thank you Rich - nice work, Rooster!

Stormlord

I agree, the Canyon looks really impressive Rooster, thx for the share Rich

STORMLORD