Basic beach

Started by Dune, May 27, 2019, 01:11:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Having seen a few beach renders here, I thought I'd have another go at it yesterday.

DocCharly65

As I know Ulco :)
Extemporaneously a most beautiful and convincing beach!

(the only strange thing are some of the chrome-like looking stones... I know it should look like wetness but the reflection of the blue sky makes it looking like metal.)

But all in all a very very nice place I wanted to be :)

Dune

I added those opaque-icy-crystalline stones for the fun of it, experimenting a bit with glass and default shader....

Stormlord

Very beautifull scene.
I like the subtle debris inside the wet zone and the foam on the water.

There is much to learn here, very nice setup Dune

STORMLORD

Hannes

Gorgeous, Ulco!!! I love it. Nevertheless I'd like to nitpick just a little  ;):
I'd rather leave out the star filter. Somehow it's a bit distracting.
And the areas between the pebbles seem a bit empty and too tidy to my eyes. Maybe some more smaller pebbles here and there, and a bit of stuff washed ashore would add to realism I'd say.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on May 27, 2019, 04:31:10 AM
I added those opaque-icy-crystalline stones for the fun of it, experimenting a bit with glass and default shader....

Well the experiment worked, just as noted a wee bit out of place...but an awesome beach none the less...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Actually I was thinking about sharing this setup for newbies an noobs (and the occasional pro  :P), as there are probably some things to learn from it. As usual it started out very simple, didn't even make real beaches, but picked an area in the default scene (less displaced though).
There's the method to get foam at shores, method for breaking up the sand/soil area upbeach, method for getting those stones, and the wet sand, etc. I'll upload to NWDA, to get some potential customers there too  ;)

But I'm not going to change stuff, Hannes, it was just a doodle on my free Sunday.

Oshyan

Please, please remove the glass shader if you do share it Ulco. It will just increase render time and confuse people if it's included by default.

- Oshyan

masonspappy

Hope you do share - beautifully done!

Stormlord

Would love to explore the node work of the beach to implement it into my Lake Tahoe scenery.
Please share the file if possible.

STORMLORD

Dune

It's already at NWDA, but I believe I didn't even keep the glass shader, but used a reflective shader (not even RT I think). Danny will post soon, I guess.

N-drju

Agree with others - the "jewel glitter" doesn't quite fit this image. Otherwise a clever, well balanced setting. :)
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Dune

At first I had some clumps of gold scattered between the rocks, but you know how it works; you change this and that and end up with something completely different.
Anyway, you guys can change anything you want after getting the file at NWDA. Just this morning I added some notes for better understanding of my node use.

Hannes

Which one is it at NWDA? There are several beaches by you.

Dune

Just buy them all  ;D ;D ;D

No, Danny will probably make an anouncement, once it's on.