Freebie - Grass - Fresh & Dry Variants

Started by DannyG, May 27, 2019, 09:36:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DannyG

Freebie grass,
Don't forget NWDA's 25% off sale is going on now thru May 31st. Enter NWDA25 @ Checkout
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uqk3lhahry17nsw/NWDA%20Grass.rar?dl=0

jaf

(02oct19) Ryzen 1800x, 970 EVO 1TB NVME-M.2 SSD, Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3200 Mem,  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Graphics 436.48 (02oct19), Win 10 Pro x64, Terragen Frontier 4.4.18 BMark 0:10:18

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

RichTwo

Thanks for sharing, Danny - those are really a couple nice hi-poly models good for closeups and distance!  However, some resizing may be necessary for "true" scale.  Here is the Green Grass juxtaposed with Stormlord's 1.80 meter (approximately 6 feet) human model.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows...

DannyG

Quote from: Rich2 on May 29, 2019, 02:00:13 pm
Thanks for sharing, Danny - those are really a couple nice hi-poly models good for closeups and distance!  However, some resizing may be necessary for "true" scale.  Here is the Green Grass juxtaposed with Stormlord's 1.80 meter (approximately 6 feet) human model.


Thks,  feel free to resize to your hearts content, it is a free file after all ;)

Oshyan

It's a *very* healthy grass I guess? ;D

Seriously though, Danny, would be good to rescale it for people so they don't get needlessly confused. Super easy to do...

- Oshyan

Stormlord

May 29, 2019, 05:36:32 pm #6 Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 05:38:24 pm by Stormlord
That's exactely why I made this average men.
After a little converting experience, usually a factor 100 downscaling will make it mostly fit to Terragen.

Nevertheless, its free, so let's enjoy the grass.

STORMLORD

DannyG

"Seriously thou", its for a project called "Giant Terragen Planet" so the free grass on this Giant Terragen Planet is  .... well Giant and did I mention Free, enjoy the grass

DannyG

Same free basic model. I created a group instead of the single piece for more coverage. I also scaled them per Mr Lamposts 1.8M stick figure to keep the complaints down to a minimum.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ubtdhfuju3tuegz/Fresh%20Patch.rar?dl=0

Oshyan


bobbystahr

Quote from: DannyG on May 29, 2019, 06:16:50 pm
"Seriously thou", its for a project called "Giant Terragen Planet" so the free grass on this Giant Terragen Planet is  .... well Giant and did I mention Free, enjoy the grass


heh heh, as I mentioned on FB I've already scaled it to the stick man but the group will be handy.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Stormlord

June 01, 2019, 12:10:22 pm #11 Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 12:32:44 pm by Stormlord
Quote from: DannyG on May 31, 2019, 09:29:51 pm
I also scaled them per Mr Lamposts 1.8M stick figure to keep the complaints down to a minimum.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ubtdhfuju3tuegz/Fresh%20Patch.rar?dl=0


Hahaha... there is no complaint at all!
Thank you for your generous share, your maps are really excellent! So keep it like a men, well done Danny!

(By the way, for scaling I recommend my free true scale scene for download, it's ready to go...)
https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,26585.0.html

STORMLORD

bobbystahr

the first xoio_3d_people that were in .tgo are also true human scale at default size for another reference..I tested one against the cutout people.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

RichTwo

Sorry - I didn't intend my reply to come off as a complaint, merely an observation and advice to those who (like me sometimes) do not use "true scale" for .tgo's.  It's not at all difficult to rescale as needed.  But thanks for the re-share, Danny!
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows...

DannyG

Quote from: Rich2 on June 01, 2019, 02:05:37 pm
Sorry - I didn't intend my reply to come off as a complaint!


Ok fine then don't spend the time to render an image showing the delta compared to real scale, that is an unnecessary complaint for a free file IMO, scale accordingly as you said and be done with it. Pretty straight forward for a freebie.