A Silent Hill - Interpretation

Started by DocCharly65, May 29, 2019, 03:57:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocCharly65

After almost 2 months rendertime and almost 3 years development (the fog was an ugly thing to generate  ::) ;) ),  I am happy that all what I wanted came out as I wanted :)

... ok ... I had to repair one thing: The dirt on the car glass is projected via alpha mask.
I forgot to merge it into the glass nodes like i do with e.g. monitors or huds. So I rendered only the glass and green-screened it transparent onto the original.
It's only because I noticed it at the end. After render times of 2.5 h  per frame on my fast 12-core i7 I was just too lazy to re-render and chose one little cheat - please forgive me! :)

But I hope you agree, that I could reproduce a kind of the game ambience (with the help of the song "Silent Hill 2 - True (MIDI Cover) by TELESTIC on YouTube")
The part will be very late again in the whole film so In this case again a not official listed Preview Teaser only via this link:

digitalguru

very, very nice, I guess the render times would have been a lot more reasonable without the atmos.

p.s - was this path traced?

DocCharly65

Yepp -  the layers of clouds were hard to render - but even more hard to get them at the right place and settings for the wished effect.

No PT - I am stil o 4.1.24. My maintenance period expired so I would have to do a maintenance renewal but I also think about waiting for some special new features to do a complete upgrade or a subsription... I am undecided at the moment. So far I am happy with my prof edition.

bobbystahr

I agree with very nice and the random light blinks add realism as well as spookyness....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

WAS

This is really cool, the fog definitely looks good. Curious, are you using v3 or v2?