TG Freeware Micropolygon Export

Started by WAS, July 01, 2019, 02:07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

I don't get why this is mentioned:

"Maximum Render Detail for Micropolygon Export: 0.1"

When the micro exporter is not available? Is this related to some other export?

Matt

It is referring to the same feature. A long time ago it was possible to test the feature in the Free Edition but limited to detail 0.1. More recently we had to remove that capability when we made the split between Creative and Professional editions. The website needs to be updated, so we'll do that right away.
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

WAS

Quote from: Matt on July 02, 2019, 08:07:55 PM
It is referring to the same feature. A long time ago it was possible to test the feature in the Free Edition but limited to detail 0.1. More recently we had to remove that capability when we made the split between Creative and Professional editions. The website needs to be updated, so we'll do that right away.

It's a shame I never noticed the feature when it was added to TG, I assumed it was paid and never even looked. Would have loved to give it a quick spin in some examples.

Thanks for the clarification.

Oshyan

It was really just intended as a way for people to test the basic export functionality for their workflow. We now offer 30 day evaluation licenses of Terragen Professional upon request, which is a much better way for people to properly test that and other Pro version features.

- Oshyan

WAS

Quote from: Oshyan on July 02, 2019, 08:31:30 PM
It was really just intended as a way for people to test the basic export functionality for their workflow. We now offer 30 day evaluation licenses of Terragen Professional upon request, which is a much better way for people to properly test that and other Pro version features.

- Oshyan

I think you mentioned that before. I may be interested at some point. I have a list of stuff to test / needs work / imrpovement so I'll go through and add some stuff I want to test in professional so when I do I can sit down and really hash it out with the program over the trial period. I had a notes file on animations I lost, that would have been nice. Had been working on that since before I even registered (like from school in 2010 lol).

LydiaGriffiths

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Terragen and have downloaded the free terragen 4 trial! I have created some landscape stills but want to be able to animate them so you are able to fly through the landscapes i create. I can't find out if i can do this on the free trial and if i can how to do so!! if anyone can help that'll be amazing.

Cheers,
Lydia

Dune

Welcome Lydia. You've posted your same question at three different (old) threads in use for other subjects. I would advice you to start a new thread in the appropriate area with your question, and just once! There will be someone around reading it and answering. Btw. did you use the search function for information about how to animate, and release information for your free version about whether it's possible? There's lots of information to be found inside this forum, and I suggest studying that to get aquainted with TG.

LydiaGriffiths

Dune

You go to home, then Terragen support, then upper right there's a button called new topic, click that and give it a title and write down your query.
If you ever start posting your work, it's the same procedure (but then in home; image sharing). Once you have your new topic, it's a thread and people can answer there, or you can post new iterations of ongoing work in that thread. For a new subject, start a new topic.

I hope this gets you on your way  ;)