Old Wooden House Scene

Started by bobbystahr, July 18, 2019, 10:40:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

July 18, 2019, 10:40:05 pm Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 10:41:44 pm by bobbystahr
Found this house model in my Buildings Dir and this just grew around it. The grass is SOI Foliage product I found online as is the Hydranga and there are Dandilions scattered through the grass. The huge rocks came attached but I split them off and displaced them subtly in TG and then populated them with AP's moss 3 version2.
The trees are XFROGs. C&C welcome as always.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

DocCharly65

Idyllic place... if internet is fast enough there, its a nice place as retirement home at retirement age :)

Dune

Indeed. But I'd prefer a bit more lush grass. Or at least patch it up with maybe some patches of bigger boulders, not as scarce and evenly spread as here on the gravely ground.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on July 19, 2019, 01:42:47 am
Indeed. But I'd prefer a bit more lush grass. Or at least patch it up with maybe some patches of bigger boulders, not as scarce and evenly spread as here on the gravely ground.


Indeed Ulco I was essentially just testing the grass and not happy with it..think I'll sub in one or 2 of yours as I often(always lately) do,

and  thanks very much, Nils, luckily I'm retired heh heh.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Beep the Meep


the first seer


bobbystahr

here's an update with lovely Dune grass and a better XFROG population in the background
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Stormlord

Well done Bobby, I really like it!

STORMLORD

DannyG

Love the new grass population, however dandelions are about 10 inches too high

masonspappy

This is looking really good! Nice work!
Question: on the left & right sides there raised objects - at first I thought there were boxwoods but now thinking they are moss-covered rocks?

bobbystahr

Quote from: DannyG on July 19, 2019, 08:16:27 pm
Love the new grass population, however dandelions are about 10 inches too high


not for around here man...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

bobbystahr

Quote from: masonspappy on July 19, 2019, 08:19:29 pm
This is looking really good! Nice work!
Question: on the left & right sides there raised objects - at first I thought there were boxwoods but now thinking they are moss-covered rocks?


yup that's what they are man.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

DocCharly65

The denser covered ground looks much better!

Dune


CredePendrel

Looks great Bobby! Love that house model.