Guillemot rock

Started by Dune, July 22, 2019, 03:02:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Quote from: Dune on August 05, 2019, 02:32:45 AMContinued with v13, but it's pretty hard to get repetition out and get a decent variation in noises and image map squares. And above all, to keep the possibility to mask gullies from tops, mask the areas for certain rocks (altitude is not possible if cliffs are not of equal height) and use as little computes as possible (one in nr 11, two in nr 10).

I like the horizontal lines in the stone. I wonder if there is a way to isolate them with a outline (of sorts), and have a light impression of some vertical lines to make it look like areas of rock under immense pressure that fractured the sedimentary layer up.

Dune

I don't quite get what you mean, do you have an example?
I did however isolate some areas, squeezed and warped the texture there, and added a total warp over the whole cliff.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on August 05, 2019, 11:04:34 AMI don't quite get what you mean, do you have an example?
I did however isolate some areas, squeezed and warped the texture there, and added a total warp over the whole cliff.

"Well that worked out a treat" said the man at cliff top looking down; and I agree....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

WAS

Have a look at this example here. Imagine the first frame is the original iteration.

When I see that bricky breakup in walls it often is isolated as a "broken up" area in the strata or rock face, usually from past immense pressures fracturing up that area that is no exposed to the elements.

Dune