Will Planetside/Terragen be at SIGGRAPH 2019?

Started by WAS, July 26, 2019, 01:05:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

I was wondering if Terragen was going to be at SIGGRAPH this year? I got my usual free pass email and just peaked my interest. Been wanting to take a trip down and meet up with buddies.
Check out my Terragen Discord: https://discord.gg/Vy5FRTE

Oshyan

Someone doesn't read our newsletters. ;) Yes we will be there, no booth, but we'll be around the whole time. We will likely be fairly busy going to talks/presentations/courses, etc. but we do hope to meet up with people as time allows.

- Oshyan

WAS

July 26, 2019, 07:32:32 pm #2 Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 07:43:54 pm by WASasquatch
Quote from: Oshyan on July 26, 2019, 06:08:25 pm
Someone doesn't read our newsletters. ;) Yes we will be there, no booth, but we'll be around the whole time. We will likely be fairly busy going to talks/presentations/courses, etc. but we do hope to meet up with people as time allows.

- Oshyan


I stopped receiving newsletters a long time ago, actually. Am I still on the list?

Edit: Oh I see that email after searching my email... in spam. It's weird Gmail decided to mark terragen@planetside.co.uk as spam but not support@planetside.co.uk. Weird.
Check out my Terragen Discord: https://discord.gg/Vy5FRTE

D.A. Bentley

Much of the time email that gets caught up in Spam goes there because many people are too lazy to unsubscribe to newsletters, and instead just hit the "spam button" in their email web app.  I constantly have to check my spam, and mark things as NOT Spam.

-Derek

WAS

Quote from: D.A. Bentley on July 26, 2019, 10:40:48 pm
Much of the time email that gets caught up in Spam goes there because many people are too lazy to unsubscribe to newsletters, and instead just hit the "spam button" in their email web app.  I constantly have to check my spam, and mark things as NOT Spam.

-Derek


Possible, though I don't mark things as spam. On my junk email I get like 1000 emails a day (which is main registration email on random websites, newsletters, etc) lol
Check out my Terragen Discord: https://discord.gg/Vy5FRTE

D.A. Bentley

No I don't mean you are marking things as spam, I mean other people.  That's part of how spam filters work.  The more people that tell an email provider an email is spam, the more likely the algorithm will select it as legitimate spam.

WAS

Quote from: D.A. Bentley on July 27, 2019, 12:40:09 am
No I don't mean you are marking things as spam, I mean other people.  That's part of how spam filters work.  The more people that tell an email provider an email is spam, the more likely the algorithm will select it as legitimate spam.


Oh! I see what you're talking about. Yeah, ok. Plus among other things such as content. HTML emails coming from non SSL, or self-signed certificates, email headers, and content.
Check out my Terragen Discord: https://discord.gg/Vy5FRTE

rolland1013

Oh boy, I should have looked more closely at the threads before I started a new one asking this very question.  Sorry for the repeat.  But I do have a follow up question; how would I meet up with you guys (Oshyan and Matt) if you don't have a booth?  It's a big convention, and randomly running into you (and not knowing what you guys look like to boot) seems slim.

Niel

Oshyan

Just search for me or Matt on the SIGGRAPH app and message us. :)

- Oshyan