Cloud V2 - Sandstorm - sort of

Started by KlausK, September 11, 2019, 07:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KlausK

Hi,
this is a very simple setup which - I think - came out quite nicely.
One localized Cloud v2, a SSS and the Density Shader.

Render Settings for this:
1920x1080 / MPD=0.5 / AA=6 / Soft Clip Effect=0.8 (Compensation=OFF) / Contrast=0.35 / Gamma Correction=2
Pixel Reconstruction Filter=Cubic B-Spline(soft)

I blurred the top end of the cloud just a little bit in PS because the grain did not go away within reasonable render time.

C&C welcome.

CHeers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

KlausK

Some more fiddling with the Density shader.
No post work this time, that`s why it is not so smooth at the top.

CHeers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

KlausK

This one is a bit darker and more violent.

CHeers, Klaus

Oshyan

These are very cool experiments!

- Oshyan

KlausK

Thank you, Oshyan.

Another one. Now there are two clouds used.
Funny, what kind of structures evolve with a little bit of fiddling. ;)
I removed some render artifacts on the left.
CHeers, Klaus

Oshyan

That could work very well as the impact from a meteor or something! What is the image map you are using?

- Oshyan

KlausK

@Oshyan,
here are the different stages for the Density shaders of the clouds.
The "Wires" alpha image is the one I started with. I wonder why the curviness gets lost in the Transform Shaders.
Right now I am trying to get the cloud to be more 'bulgy' ?!? The top edge should be curved like the top half of a circle.
Highest point in the middle.
CHeers, Klaus

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

KlausK

Thank you Bobby, I will.
CHeers, Klaus

Dune

Here's a simple setup where the cloud is curved. Maybe of use to you, Klaus.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on September 15, 2019, 02:17:07 AMHere's a simple setup where the cloud is curved. Maybe of use to you, Klaus.
very cool!
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

KlausK

Thank you very much for the tgd. I`ll examine soon.
CHeers, Klaus