Further Development of Error Notification window?

Started by sonshine777, November 10, 2007, 04:14:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonshine777

Are there any plans to make it so the Error window that pops up when you render telling you that there is an image that can't be found. Having it let you know just what that images name is?

It is frustrating having this window pop up saying it can't find an image when I have 30 to 40 images being used in the project. I would at least like to have name for the image, even better where it is being looked for in the directory structure.

Minor rant, right now it is just a nuisance not a help.

jo

Hi,

The reason the display of the image errors is like this is because of the way the error message given to the Errors and Warnings system is formatted. It's a simple fix, it just didn't get done prior to the last release. The image path does actually show up on the Mac version, simply because the Mac OS list control formats text differently to the Windows one.

The idea of the Errors and Warnings window is to, at some point, let you double click on an error and have the relevant node focussed on in the network view. At some further point it should be possible to have it remove errors and warnings from the list once they've been fixed up. We've kind of done the basic stuff for this, just haven't had a chance to flesh it out yet.

Regards,

Jo

sonshine777

Thanks Jo, I figured as much, just thought I would ask. When finished it will be a great help.