Previous topic - Next topic

luc BIANCO

Some clouds tests with different light conditions

luc
Terragen scenes & presets store
www.lucbianco.fr

Stormlord

They all look fantastic!
My favorite is Ter2019_12, excellent light and shadow.

May I ask you, how long it took to render and which machine and settings did you use for this image?

STORMLORD

Hannes

luc BIANCO

Quote from: Stormlord on October 08, 2019, 06:48:13 amMay I ask you, how long it took to render and which machine and settings did you use for this image?

Thanks, 

not so long (~ 10 hours on my configuration : i7 2600, 16G RAM) if we consider the "extreme" settings I used ... (> 100 M voxels , GI settings in clouds : high,  ...)

luc
www.lucbianco.fr

bobbystahr

Great clouds but on my configuration I ain't never going there...my machine would be tied up for daze.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

luc BIANCO

Quote from: bobbystahr on October 08, 2019, 02:04:32 pmGreat clouds but on my configuration I ain't never going there...my machine would be tied up for daze.
really ?? however my configuration is quite old (2011)
www.lucbianco.fr

bobbystahr

Quote from: luc BIANCO on October 08, 2019, 02:30:54 pm
Quote from: bobbystahr on October 08, 2019, 02:04:32 pmGreat clouds but on my configuration I ain't never going there...my machine would be tied up for daze.
really ?? however my configuration is quite old (2011)
Running a 2 core AMD DELL  optiplex780 with 8G RAM
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

René

Wonderful. I've never managed to get such clean edges, I always get loose fragments. :(

Stormlord

What shall I say?
I am operatig an old Pentium Quadcore with 7GB RAM and 2.66GHz

Aergggsss....

STORMLORD

KlausK

Really nice!
CHeers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate

DocCharly65

Absolute beauties! 

Unfortunately 10 h is a little bit too long for (private) animations ;)

luc BIANCO

Quote from: DocCharly65 on October 11, 2019, 03:05:22 amAbsolute beauties!

Unfortunately 10 h is a little bit too long for (private) animations ;)
you know 10 hours is with very high settings without any compromise (GI in clouds high quality, high values for number of voxels...) for still images

By reducing some setttings, you can easily render it in less than 3 hours for this full-hd resolution without lose too much of details

Here a render with what I would call Low Quality Settings - rendering time was 2h15 and as you see quality is still good enough for animation

Btw I have added it to my store with the 2 light conditions and for each 3 different quality settings are available : Big clouds scene

luc
www.lucbianco.fr

DocCharly65

I see - in fact good enough render quality. 
I just love these clouds :)
Good to know about the still good quality for animation. I have one of the cloud tgd's from your shop for a future planned film part somewhere on my PCs. Happy to know that there'll be less trouble ad rendertime :)

Oshyan

I was able to cut about 35% off the render time for the "high quality" while *increasing* quality. So there's further room for optimization on these, too. :D

More additions to our optimization guide coming soon...

- Oshyan