Underwater

Started by Dune, November 21, 2019, 02:26:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

That's what this is all about (me posting stuff), tempting others to use TG and post! So, go ahead, Bobby...

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on November 25, 2019, 10:12:29 AMThat's what this is all about (me posting stuff), tempting others to use TG and post! So, go ahead, Bobby...
Soon's I'm done here I need to rehearse a few tunes I'll be playin' later today with a young singer...I'll get on it. Did ya see my new 6+hr render...?, yesterday's rescue of an unfinished project from TG2 days.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Yeah, saw it. What can I say? It's a bit 'alien' or surrealistic. But the light is nice. You have enough gigs? (and I don't mean gigabytes  :P )

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on November 25, 2019, 11:12:27 AMYeah, saw it. What can I say? It's a bit 'alien' or surrealistic. But the light is nice. You have enough gigs? (and I don't mean gigabytes  :P )
I seem to be big on alien like scenes...feeling alienated as most folks I know are soooo grown up LOL...being 25 with 46 years practice works for me but most don't get it.
There's never enough music gigs...I'd play every day were the gigs there, but as most gigs are as alcohol salesmen I don't do them being alcohol free these past 25 years. But I thoroughly enjoy the ones (even the freebies) that I manage to get.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Most folks are too grown up and take life too seriously, feeling very important and 'mature'. But well, they often have a hard time enjoying themselves and being still young ;)  So, stay 25, Bobby, I am too ;D

Dune

Anyway, another render, this time with a little blue sky.

Hannes

gasbutan

Looks great!
I wonder why there is not more blue sky in the upper part of the image.
What focal length and which index of refraction in the glass shader did you use ?

Dune

I used a FOV of 80º, so a lot wider than default, pointed the camera up quite a bit 20º or more, but didn't change the refraction index from 1.33 (water). I know that with an index of less, say 1.1, you get far more blue, but reflection an reflection are not as they should be then.

gasbutan

Hmmm - interesting. 
I would have expected it differently.

Dune

It probably also depends on the waves and angles there, and the closeness to a possible 'beach', which would be reflected too.

DocCharly65