Lazy River/seasonal project

Started by cocateho26, December 19, 2019, 07:52:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cocateho26

Started with a simple river scene and then decided doing seasonal variations would be a fun/cool project. Summer and fall are down, next on to winter with lots of Christmas spirit to draw from  ;D Lazy river.jpg

cocateho26

Autumn version:

Oshyan

Nice, I love seeing these kinds of projects!

- Oshyan

Dune

Yes, great idea, and really looking forward to the winter version.
I like the first one very much. Great composition and light, but I think the darks are a bit too dark. Maybe an extra very high, 0.1 strength, no shadow sun (cheat) or increase of exposure will get you some more light in the darks. Or a cirrus layer.
Also, there's some strange stretching on the left stone. Can't tell if it's hard shadows of grass or stretching.
I would have thought you'd use the same POV for every iteration, so you can animate them into eachother.
On the fall one, it's a pity there's no light on the stone, IMO.
If you don't want my C&C, just say so ;)

gasbutan

Seems to be an excellent render, but much too dark.

Hannes

Beautiful scene! I agree about the displacement on the foreground rocks, but otherwise very natural and realistic. I really like the lighting. On my screen the dark areas are still quite OK. If you're planning to cheat do it very subtle, I'd say.
Unfortunately in the autumn image we see the old bump/teminator problem on the tree trunk. I found some threads about this, that are more than five years old. Are there any new solutions apart from the positive bump trick? However, maybe you can lower the displacement value and play with the displacement offset...

mhaze

Great project, nicely done - look forward to seeing the rest of the seasons.

bobbystahr

Quote from: gasbutan on December 20, 2019, 04:17:11 AMSeems to be an excellent render, but much too dark.
Agree on the too dark comment but the scene has great potential.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

DocCharly65

That "too dark - effect" increases the realism in my eyes. Like both renders very much! :)

cocateho26

Not super happy with the details on this one, more of a rough draft.It looked better in the test render   ??? Oh well, always tweaks to be made!No message is associated with this attachment.No message is associated with this attachment.Lazy River Winter.jpg

cocateho26

Made some subtle tweaks to the lighting, changed the rocks and ferns. Feels more realistic to my eyes.

Lazy river v2.jpg

Oshyan

Oh, I actually really like the the way the winter one is coming together! Something about the lighting is really quite beautiful.

- Oshyan

Stormlord

A very nice river scene, well done!

STORMLORD

DocCharly65

Hannes

The winter version is amazing!!! The lighting is absolutely brillant!