Jelly

Started by gasbutan, December 21, 2019, 04:54:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gasbutan

An old scenery with a new actor.

tg4_006d.jpg

Dune

Great! This jellyfish would be interesting to do with SSS.

gasbutan

Quote from: Dune on December 21, 2019, 05:59:36 AMGreat! This jellyfish would be interesting to do with SSS.
Thx.
Yes, I will try. I'm just afraid of long rendertimes.

Hannes

Quote from: Dune on December 21, 2019, 05:59:36 AMGreat! This jellyfish would be interesting to do with SSS.
That's the first thing, that came into my mind. Be brave! Face the longer rendertime! ;)

bobbystahr

Agree
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on December 21, 2019, 08:28:30 AM
That's the first thing, that came into my mind. Be brave! Face the longer rendertime! ;)
echo this, the render should be mind blowing.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

gasbutan

Second try, rendered during christmas festivities...  ;D

tg4_006g.jpg

Dune

Actually, I liked the first version better because of the jelly's transparency. Maybe you should also apply some minor bump on the body; it's too even, IMO.

WAS

I wonder if you could merge a glass and SSS setup to have a balance between the two like you could with glass alone.

gasbutan

Thanks for the advice.

Here is the next version:

tg4_006h.jpg

Dune

That is much better, IMO. Maybe you should decrease reflectivity or change roughness, as underwater things (fish, whatever) don't have such hard reflections.

gasbutan

Quote from: Dune on December 26, 2019, 04:59:13 AMThat is much better, IMO. Maybe you should decrease reflectivity or change roughness, as underwater things (fish, whatever) don't have such hard reflections.
Sounds logical as the difference of the refraction index between water and jelly should be pretty low.

DocCharly65

I like the hard reflections - regardless if they are realistic or not - just like them :)