Skin shader

Started by KyL, October 17, 2019, 08:45:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocCharly65

Crazy cool and realistic!

Oshyan

Quote from: KyL on October 27, 2019, 10:46:49 PMHere is a render with 6AA, 1/65@0.025 and 100 paths. It is a little bit cleaner and it rendered twice as fast! Caustics aren't better though but still, great rendertime/quality ratio!
Not bad! Matt may have a better idea about this with the caustics, but I would guess that AA6 is just too low to give enough samples in that difficult to sample area. You could test it in a small crop with "max samples" (non-adaptive). This might mean that lowering the PNT (pixel noise threshold) any further would increase render time unnecessarily (for other areas) without being able to solve that problem if indeed the max number of samples at AA6 could not resolve it. In that case try AA8 or even 12 with same adaptivity and adjusting PNT as-needed. If the Robust Adaptive Sampler is doing its job well, it shouldn't increase render time a crazy amount, only allowing for concentrating more samples in that eye area while not oversampling the rest of the scene that's already fairly low noise.

- Oshyan

Mid-Knight Acchan

Hello. I am exploring the images in this article.

Plugging the Image Map Shade into the "volume color function" does not get the effect of skin wrinkles (Displacement). The same goes for using Default Shader. I spent a few days on this question but could not get an answer.

Are there any necessary procedures?
I started 3D landscape with "Bryce" and am currently editing Japanese Wiki as a Terragen user. I am riding the Kawasaki ZEPHYR1100. I am a reader.

Hannes

Just take a surface layer with your texture used for displacement, uncheck "Apply color", and put it behind the glass shader. Thus you have SSS and the displacement of your surface layer. It's not possible to apply displacement to the glass shader alone.

Mid-Knight Acchan

Thank you very much. understood. :-*
I started 3D landscape with "Bryce" and am currently editing Japanese Wiki as a Terragen user. I am riding the Kawasaki ZEPHYR1100. I am a reader.

WAS

Quote from: Hannes on March 18, 2020, 01:53:28 PMJust take a surface layer with your texture used for displacement, uncheck "Apply color", and put it behind the glass shader. Thus you have SSS and the displacement of your surface layer. It's not possible to apply displacement to the glass shader alone.

Doesn't main input of glass feed displacement? That's what I always do. For example taking his default to main input of his glass?

Hannes

Quote from: WAS on March 21, 2020, 03:47:24 AMDoesn't main input of glass feed displacement? That's what I always do. For example taking his default to main input of his glass?
Could be. Haven't tested it. I think there are probably several ways to get to the same result.