Forest Dawn

Started by cyphyr, December 31, 2019, 03:06:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyphyr

Forest Dawn.

I don't think I am taking this any further ... a river to catch the sunlight maybe but that would need a complete do-over to get the placements right again.
Trees are from SpeedTree (my Christmas present to myself) and buildings are from kitBash3D

Last one from me this year. Unfortunately I have been too busy to get much posted.

Enjoy and have a happy new year :)

Forest_Dawn.jpg
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

WAS

Quote from: cyphyr on December 31, 2019, 03:06:35 PMForest Dawn.

I don't think I am taking this any further ... a river to catch the sunlight maybe but that would need a complete do-over to get the placements right again.
Trees are from SpeedTree (my Christmas present to myself) and buildings are from kitBash3D

Last one from me this year. Unfortunately I have been too busy to get much posted.

Enjoy and have a happy new year :)

Forest_Dawn.jpg

I really quite like this! Though I think in my mind, at least, the "frosty" part of the dawn is lost. I feel it may be a warm dawn.

That being said, I'm curious if some sort of "get normal" could be used to get leaves with faces pointing towards the sky to do a settled morning dew that had frozen (a like what frosty layer with like 0.4 coverage). Maybe some twinkles from frost crystals.

Edit: My dyslexia had me read "Frost Dawn" lmao.

bobbystahr

Love this...yeah, just leave perfect alone. Nothing supercedes perfect
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

mhaze

Wonderful - Great mood and atmospheric effects.

N-drju

Good work Richard. I love the Shangri-La ambiance this image has (whether intended or coincidental).
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

DocCharly65

I like the "warm" mood too! Beautiful! :)

cyphyr

Thanks guys :)
Yes "warm" was the mood/look I was going for. I'm no fan of winter!

I think I may have a go at better "wetter" leaves in a future image. It may be a matter of actually replacing the leaf model as I found that the smoothing is not working that well and the shinier the reflectance/spec the more obvious the crease of the simple four poly mode becomes.
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

cocateho26

Beautiful. Only thing it is missing is story to go with it!