Dr. Henry Walton Jones Jr.

Started by Hannes, January 21, 2020, 08:15:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

This one really took a long time to make.
I started a few months ago to create an Indiana Jones character.  Actually I only built the eyes and some belt buckle.
I assembled the model by using some free stuff, and also some purchased items.

Each and every part comes from a different source. The head is from a Han Solo game character I already used in some of my Star Wars images. The Fedora hat is a free download without any UV mapping or textures, so I had to separate the hatband from the hat manually, which was quite a task, since it's a high poly mesh.
The shirt and the satchel are parts from two other free characters, and the torch is a free download as well.
I purchased the shoes, the trousers (which is actually a 3D scan of some very loose jeans), and the jacket, which had no UV mapping and no textures as well, so I ran it through 3D Coat to get some worn leather texturing.

When everything was assembled and edited to fit all the parts together, I ran it through Mixamo for posing.
The flame of the torch is a plane with an image map using Ulco's glass shader transparency method. There's a small localised cloud at the location of the flame to get some glow.

Indy's fellow character to the right is also some free download, which I ran through Mixamo.

The tent is a freebie as well, but the Petra building is a purchased one. It's nice, but quite simple. So I collected loads of ornamental structures from all over the net, and attached them to the model. So all the details are geometry, no bumpmaps.

DocCharly65

That's a WOW!-Render again!
Convincing characters and superbe ambiance!

Congrats, Hannes! Great work! :)

Dune

Terrific! A typical Hannes render. Great rock too (cubes?), and the glow really works.

Hannes

Thanks guys! The rock surrounding the Petra monument is actually an imported displaced cube object with faces pushed inside to get the opening for the ruin. The shading is done with image maps.

Hannes

...plus an extra rock to the right with the same shaders.

Dune

j meyer

:) Nice one.
The assembled 'Indy' looks pretty good.

Curious to see what adventures he'll have to go through
in the future.

Kadri

Nice :)
(Classic just "a little too postprocessed" rant from me :P The background rocks on the sides especially)

sboerner

QuoteThat's a WOW!-Render again!
Agreed! Great surfaces and lighting, and cool camera angle. Time to saddle up!

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Agura Nata

"Live and Learn!"

WAS

mhaze

WAS

Gotta add: