Airships V3 - WIP

Started by masonspappy, January 26, 2020, 05:41:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

masonspappy

Posted a version of this a few years ago but wasn't really satisfied with the Airship design, so I've rebuilt the model from scratch and rendered it within a TG4 cloudscape.
Hesitate to call it "steampunk" because majority (not all)  of steampunk dirigible designs I've come across don't seem to be airworthy.
Still need to glass the portals but other wise basic model is close to done (unless you guys point out something I didn't consider).  ;)
Airship created in Blender
As always, C&C's welcome and appreciated.

Kadri

Looks good.
Just a little wethering maybe.

Dune

Wow, great machine! And I love this POV, really drags you into the scene. Yes, some weathering would make it more used. Some people? To make it more moving (not literally) you could think about some blur in the propellors, but you'd have to replace them with a blurred image map and a glass surface. Could be added as alternative to the ship, just add a zero opacity default shader to rule out either (prop or blur).

DocCharly65

Hannes

Pretty much steampunkish I'd say. Cool. Looking forward to your next iterations.

mhaze

masonspappy

Thanks for the feedback folks! Really appreciate it!

Tangled-Universe

Pretty cool indeed, not much else to add to what has been said already.
Except may be for one suggestion: the 'background' airship is a bit 'in your face'...I'd put it further back, because visually it's quite dominant (to me).
Looking forward to your next iterations!

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on January 27, 2020, 01:43:18 AMWow, great machine! And I love this POV, really drags you into the scene. Yes, some weathering would make it more used. Some people? To make it more moving (not literally) you could think about some blur in the propellors, but you'd have to replace them with a blurred image map and a glass surface. Could be added as alternative to the ship, just add a zero opacity default shader to rule out either (prop or blur).
echo all in this comment
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

masonspappy

So, as was pointed out, airship needed some dirt/grunge, and some people.
Also added a rather sad looking alien selling fruit at a riverside stand.
It's all Terragen and Blender.

DocCharly65

I am very tempted to go into it! Nice! :)

In the background there could perhaps be some monumental statues at the shores? The view remembers me a bit of Lord of the Rings scenes :)

Dune

Just wonderful. I love this scene. If you want to take it further, I'd work on the back mountains.
Have you ever read Jack Vance's Durdane? Airships remind me of his fantastic story.

Hannes

Great scene!! Echo Ulco's advice on the mountains.

j meyer