A handfull of clouds

Started by Kadri, January 31, 2020, 07:51:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kadri

Used the erosion classic plugin on this one.

Hannes

Upon Infinity

mhaze

Excellent, love the colour and the scale.

pokoy

Gorgeous!! Concept, colors  - love it!
Only minor thing I see is that the cloud shadow seem a bit too sharp, did you use soft shadows? Then again, it could be any planet so probably not valid here ;)

Kadri

Thanks all.

"...Only minor thing I see is that the cloud shadow seem a bit too sharp, did you use soft shadows?..."

I think soft shadows was off. Sometimes i want those hard edges.
It looked better to me in this one at least. But subjective of course.
If i have time i might make a render just to see the difference maybe.

Stormlord

Absolutely Georgeous, really an excellent Rendering!
A few weeks ago, I have worked on a nice desert colour palette. Looks a little bit like your view.

So... maybe this is usefull?
Here we go...

Sandfarben in der Wüste von Namibia - Farbtöne.jpg
Colours of Namibias Desert (Sandfarben in der Wüste von Namibia)

STORMLORD

Kadri

Quote from: pokoy on January 31, 2020, 01:16:15 PM...
Only minor thing I see is that the cloud shadow seem a bit too sharp, did you use soft shadows?...

I just tried a crop render. Interestingly shadows on the clouds are nearly identical.
Ground shadows are only very different of the Spaceship and i edited it in post anyway.
I expected more difference too but here it isn't so important as it looks.

gao_jian11

It's so beautiful, I think there can be more subtle and rich changes on the ground surface, along the river basin.

Kadri

Thanks.
I had such versions but choose this ones despite that it looks more stylized.
The clouds and the smooth colored ground worked better to me this way.
But it would look more realistic probably with more color changes on the ground.

Dune

Great render, Kadri. Very artistic POV and general layout (as we know of you), it's almost like a (abstract) painting. I love the color scheme too.

Kadri

Quote from: Dune on February 01, 2020, 01:59:23 AM... it's almost like a (abstract) painting....

Thank you Ulco. That was what i was after indeed.
While i was making this i said to Jordan in Facebook that i wanted it to look a little like the old science fiction book paintings :)

Dune

Well, you succeeded in that!