Dirt...Nice

Started by luvsmuzik, February 05, 2020, 09:43:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvsmuzik

sboerner's dirt and scrap file share  Testing Substance https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,27563.0.html
I mixed (according to steve's use of ao, dirt, displace, and roughness guide ) this in a greenish surface layer restricted to 10m alt, and masked with a PF
Thanks Steve!

my tree 73 file share https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,22766.0.html
my autumn colors file shares tgc

Mr. Lampost's bush 7b with my Autumn colors yellow red orange tgc  add some translucency and lower the opacity .....hook tgc in color function of your leaf shaders...thanks Dune and Hannes!

I was in a hurry to see this, I will be adding some fallen leaves and grass tufts, perhaps another tree model pop. :)

Dirt_nice_PT.jpg

Autumn Color Variation green yellow brown_masked leaf.tgc
Autumn Color Variation red orange.tgc
bark mossy tree 73.tgc

luvsmuzik

more vegetation....

again this is to use the landscape image map with dirt .....not intended to be a grassy meadow  ;D

masonspappy grass
generic coniferous pine AP
wheat
fallen leaves and twigs
Blender trees
Mr. Lampost bush 7b

WAS

I think the roots are little lost in this version, but other than that it's a really nice improvement. Maybe use a colour adjusted version of the tree distribution mask softened up with the Smoothing Filter shader, could be used to mask out some grass around tree bases or "covered" area where light doesn't reach too much.

luvsmuzik

Quote from: WAS on February 07, 2020, 04:02:02 PMI think the roots are little lost in this version, but other than that it's a really nice improvement. Maybe use a colour adjusted version of the tree distribution mask softened up with the Smoothing Filter shader, could be used to mask out some grass around tree bases or "covered" area where light doesn't reach too much.
I reduced the green on the surface layer to enhance the root and rock image map. 

Dirt_nice_PT16.jpg

WAS

Quote from: luvsmuzik on February 07, 2020, 07:59:49 PM
Quote from: WAS on February 07, 2020, 04:02:02 PMI think the roots are little lost in this version, but other than that it's a really nice improvement. Maybe use a colour adjusted version of the tree distribution mask softened up with the Smoothing Filter shader, could be used to mask out some grass around tree bases or "covered" area where light doesn't reach too much.
I reduced the green on the surface layer to enhance the root and rock image map.

Dirt_nice_PT16.jpg

That looks nice, I think it adds to the autumn touch too.

sboerner

Wow, this looks really great. You've done a nice job camouflaging the tiling. You really can't see any repetition at all.

Nice scene, beautiful render.

bobbystahr

As always a beautiful image...very calming to me...Its really too bad most trees look like they're not rooted but just stuck in the ground. Oh well, it gives me a reason to mess with a ground cover(up) heh heh
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

luvsmuzik

Quote from: bobbystahr on February 09, 2020, 04:47:25 AMAs always a beautiful image...very calming to me...Its really too bad most trees look like they're not rooted but just stuck in the ground. Oh well, it gives me a reason to mess with a ground cover(up) heh heh
Good eye bobbystahr! I agree....my tree trunks need that flare at the bottom and more detail. Blender has a different tree modeller plugin I am experimenting with that has a way to even"add roots" ...I shall have to get busy with some new models. 

I picked up my tripod and moved the camera for a new POV...probably now need some additional bush variety.... ;D

Quote from: sboerner on February 08, 2020, 11:10:20 PMWow, this looks really great. You've done a nice job camouflaging the tiling. You really can't see any repetition at all.

Nice scene, beautiful render.
Thanks Steve, I used your image map (and all extras) on the whole SSS at ground zero on a green surface layer and masked the green with a PF. Image map lower left and size 50, 50. Tile repeat x,y.

Dirt_nice_PT20.jpg

luvsmuzik

Oh Well......

One of those state parks with a primitive campground, complete with a well.

Made the well in Blender ....beveled edges on the stones PF textured...Rustic aged timber frame showing its age, light sculpting effects and proportional edits....staggered cedar-like shingles

Oh well.jpg

DocCharly65

Really beautiful!
If you have the patience and time, the wood and the roof of the fountain could get improved by some added normalmaps.

sboerner

. . . and I imagine the floor of that well is covered with many layers of pennies. Nice modeling! Foliage placement looks good, too.

Agura Nata

Wonderful works my friend! :)
"Live and Learn!"

masonspappy